Civ3 Preordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 Preordered

Yes gentlemen, the good people at Electronics Boutique, Cambridge guarantee me a no obligation to buy, double loyalty card points copy of Civ 3 on November 16th.

Now - when it comes out in America, could I get some user info, just to confirm I want it.

I was impressed as well - the man in the shop seemed quite excited by the game.
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

I have been pre-ordering Civ 3 Limited Edition Tin in the USA, and they have promised that I will have the game about the time of November 5 - 14. JUUUBBBIII! (I live in Europe).
    "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
    going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

Comment

Ive also preordered the Civ 3 LE It will be very useful to hold my biscuits in while playing Civ 3 for 2 days straight without sleep. My copy should arrive 1 to 4 weeks after its released in America (they probably not releasing the LE in Australia), but thats ok, it will give me a chance to actually pass all my subjects at uni before i get sucked into the 'one more turn' syndrome
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Chowlett,

Did they mention the LE, or was it just the normal one?

Think I might be going down there tomorrow at some point

Comment

Originally posted by jad
          Chowlett,

Did they mention the LE, or was it just the normal one?
          ditto... have just ordered LE from amazon.com but obviously if *LE* is gonna be available here nov 16 I will get it here...

But I must have a nice big tin! And a techtree foldout thingy!

Comment

I managed to pre-order Civ3 at Chips & Bits, with the delivery on US release date (plus posting of course). That's great!

(Earlier I tried to pre-order at US Amazon, but they told me I have to be on the US Protectorate territory - I was even considering declaring war on US and surrendering before the date of release )
            The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
            - Frank Herbert

Comment

I, too, went ahead and preordered, even though I very rarely have done so. It's just the 'news' about them perhaps running out of the LE spooked me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
                I, too, went ahead and preordered, even though I very rarely have done so. It's just the 'news' about them perhaps running out of the LE spooked me.
                Do you think there is a possibility those of us who preordered the LE in the USA will get it in the mail BEFORE the general release date in the stores? I've had that happen before with some games. Wouldn't that be schweeeeeeeet!

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It's usually the other way around, isn't it? Pre-orders arriving in the mail AFTER you see it on the shelves at EB or Babbages. But a day or two or a week won't really matter. We'll all get it eventually (except for yin ).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
                    It's usually the other way around, isn't it? Pre-orders arriving in the mail AFTER you see it on the shelves at EB or Babbages. But a day or two or a week won't really matter. We'll all get it eventually (except for yin ).
                    Regular preorders, yes...but it IS an LE, so MAYBE we will get a break. Maybe. I'm not counting on it, but would be nice!

I got the preorder of Ultima 9 before it hit the shelves. Of course, U9 sucked majorly. So that's that.

Poor Yin. Pity him. I will try to spare a brief thought for him as I gleefully smash the French and destroy the English and conquer the Babylonians and....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

the man in the shop seemed quite excited by the game.
                      I would be excited if a popular game like civ3 was coming out in MY store. also, i would get a FREE copy...

*drools*

Comment

Double Post

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Poor Yin. Pity him. I will try to spare a brief thought for him as I gleefully smash the French and destroy the English and conquer the Babylonians and....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Careful with the French. Don't underestimate the power of pink.

Comment

Watch it kid, I will be playing the French. The musketeer and that industrious and commercial bonus are too much for me to resist. I will just have to learn to cope with running cities called Paris, Chartres and Rouen
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Heads up to anyone that preordered from ebworld.com. If you did it for the 64.99$ price (the Limited Edition), email them to change the price to reflect the new 59.99$ price.
                              "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
                              X