What about nuclear arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about nuclear arms?

Anybody have a clue how nuclear war is going to work in Civ 3? I didn't think the ones in Civ 2 were powerful enough and I can't picture anything like the planet busters.
    I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

go home
    "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

I believe Firaxis said that there will be ICBMs which can hit anything on the planet, as well as missles that can be launched from subs and the like. Other than that, we haven't heard much of anything else.

Comment

I'm not sure of this, but when you get 5 Integrated Defence thingies, you can build the SDI, which is a minor wonder. It would prevent nuclear weapons damaging your civilisation.

Comment

Wasn' there something about tac and strategic nukes being two separate things?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Wasn' there something about tac and strategic nukes being two separate things?
            yes
            I believe Firaxis said that there will be ICBMs which can hit anything on the planet, as well as missles that can be launched from subs and the like. Other than that, we haven't heard much of anything else.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Never hug someone with nuclear arms
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Never hug someone with nuclear arms
                  Provost, I'm happy to see you AND in fact, that is a nuke in my pocket.

If I remember correctly, Firaxis said that nukes would completely destroy the tiles they hit and surrounding areas. So if you hit "Rome" with a nuke. Rome will no longer exist.

I figure after the comp gets nukes (if they survive that long), I'm going to name cities as follows. "I DARE YOU" "I DOUBLE DARE YOU" "YOU CAN"T HIT ME" "NYAH NYAH"

For the expansion pack, it would be cool if we could assign BMP's or GIF's to be city names. Then I would post targets on the AI's cities.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That would be funny I could imagine a game where you have discovered nukes first (or built the SDI first) and then stockpile nukes until you have one for each and every city not owned by you...

Then, in one hugh attack, send a nuke out to each city, and obliterate them!!!
                    Make their citizens

Muwahahaha
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Right, two types of nukes:
                      ICBM and tactical

and a NMD minor wonder to defend against them.
                      Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by jerkwaterbox
                        go home
                        Hmm, perhaps you could be more forthcoming to newbies...
                        Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          That would be funny I could imagine a game where you have discovered nukes first (or built the SDI first) and then stockpile nukes until you have one for each and every city not owned by you...
                          ...and then the enemy builds the NMD minor wonder.
                          Rome rules

Comment

Does anyone know whether it will be considered an "atrocity" if either strategic or tactical nukes are used?
                            Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                            "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
                              Does anyone know whether it will be considered an "atrocity" if either strategic or tactical nukes are used?
                              I would figure out that it won't at least increase your reputation.
                              Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X