Conquest through Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest through Culture

We know that we can absorb enemy cities through our much stronger culture, but has in been mentioned whether we can totally conquer another civ through culture? Can we absorb another Civ's capital city?
    Question Authority.......with mime...

I'm pretty curious about the culture aspect as well. But I also read that one could stop others from taking your culturly inferior city by placing troops in them. So, wouldn't it be pretty difficult for someone to win by Culture alone?
    All people have to do to stop you is to place a bunch of troops on your border.

"Imagination is more important than Intelligence" - Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope culture is not over used in the game, or as a means of conquest as this would in balance the game. But as of yet we have no idea how powerful it is yet, so we are going to have to wait?
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I wouldn't think it is possible to conquer someone this way, Maybe you can annex them and they accept you as their King. Maybe, it surely sounds interesting.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Re: Conquest through Culture

Originally posted by wotan321
          We know that we can absorb enemy cities through our much stronger culture, but has in been mentioned whether we can totally conquer another civ through culture? Can we absorb another Civ's capital city?
          AFAIK you can reverend weaker enemy cities that are next to
          your "border". I haven't seen any limits on what cities can
          be reverended. IMO the Palace and the Forsaken Palace might
          do that you can't take over a city with that building.

I also think that it's possible to conquer an another civ almost
          totally by culture. You understand me better, when you have
          read about the cultural victory (read the upcoming Civ III
          preview translation by; guess who ).
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Well, according to a Finnish preview I posted here a while ago civilizations with weaker culture than yours agree more often to those so-called bad deals (give me a city for 100 gold, or else!)... so you may extort them via diplomacy.
            Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
              I hope culture is not over used in the game, or as a means of conquest as this would in balance the game. But as of yet we have no idea how powerful it is yet, so we are going to have to wait?
              I certainly like the idea of culture, but I would not like it to be overly powerful.
              Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Patriqvium
                Well, according to a Finnish preview I posted here a while ago civilizations with weaker culture than yours agree more often to those so-called bad deals (give me a city for 100 gold, or else!)... so you may extort them via diplomacy.
                The *full* translation of that article in Pelit (The Games)
                is on the way. You can read more about culture & Civ III in
                that preview. Until that, no comments from me.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

The *full* translation of that article in Pelit (The Games)
                  is on the way. You can read more about culture & Civ III in
                  that preview. Until that, no comments from me.
                  THANKS!!!
                  Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
                    THANKS!!!
                    Hopefully there's a good reason to do that.
                    At least that has been my goal with the translation
                    (5 A4 pages in Word). It was quite fun translating
                    Sid's comments on the gaming industry. Hopefully the milk face
                    was a good selection.

But for now on, I'm waiting for that Dan will put it up on Ape.

Looks like I have sayed too much about the upcoming article.

Comment

I sure hope culture-borders in newly founded 1-pop cities always starts out with no borders at all, regardless how culturally advanced the mother-empire is. Otherwise we get SMAC-style "instant border-boxing" all over again.

Comment

Working...
                      X