Contradictory Info at Civ3.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Clark
    Stupid? Hardly. As discussed in the AI Predictability thread, they need to go even further in making such changes. I advocated that it all should be randomized (as an option) so we do NOT know what to expect from an AI civ. If you do not want the AI to be predictable, then ignore this whole business of civ attributes altogether.
    I disagree. The civ-specific abilities are just that, something a civilisation developed in the long course of history. If you want a randomisation, thats fine with me. Leave the default as historically accurate as possible.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The thing is at first they tried to make it as accurate as possible, and then they introduced the previously uknown idea of peaceful GA trigger.

So in order to trigger GA for Chinese when they build the Great Wall (which is Industrious and Militaristic), they changed the Chinese characteristics. While I liked the previous Chinese characteristics more, all in all I think the peaceful GA trigger is a great idea so I am happy.
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus
        The thing is at first they tried to make it as accurate as possible, and then they introduced the previously uknown idea of peaceful GA trigger.
        Sounds a good explanation, to me. They are probably tweaking the game for balancing reason, so that the Civ who Sid prefer to play with, can win every game hands down
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

So in order to trigger GA for Chinese when they build the Great Wall (which is Industrious and Militaristic), they changed the Chinese characteristics. While I liked the previous Chinese characteristics more, all in all I think the peaceful GA trigger is a great idea so I am happy.
          I know, thats the thing i was talking about. They shouldn't change the attributes bcos of the wonder GA trigger, they should do it the other way round, ie, change the wonder GA triggers according to the civ specific attributes.

So if they predetermined that chinese is industrious/scientific from a historical perspective, the Great Wall should be a trigger for industrious civ but not militaristic. Art of War has to be militaristic, u can't argue with that, so maybe give the chinese another wonder that is scientific, and rename the Art of War for some other militaristic civ. That's how they should do it, change the wonders for the purpose of the attributes; not change the attributes for the purpose if the wonders.

Comment

Firaxis is playing the game 24/7 and making changes to improve gameplay. I don't really care if they change the table every other week. But I am going to download in my pants when I get the game!

<---you're going to Federal (pound me in the A$$) prison!!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Zi 36 That's how they should do it, change the wonders for the purpose of the attributes; not change the attributes for the purpose if the wonders.
              LOL Just thinking how funny it would be to be building the 'Expansionistic, religious Great Wall'

I do understand what you mean, but there might be some, like in my example, that wouldnt make sense. Or there might not. I guess some mod-makers will find out once Civ 3 is released
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
              X