X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contradictory Info at Civ3.com

Look here: first link

Then look here: second link
    and click on civ-specific abilities table immediately to the right.

The first link says that Persians are Scientific/Commercial, while the second says they are Scientific/Industrious. Which is correct?

I hope the second is right because I would like to play the sci/ind combo first.

Presumably the civ of the week info is correct, as it is the most recent. The ability chart was something that was on the site from the very beginning, so the change may reflect tweaking and such that's going on. In fact, who knows if some of the earlier civ of the week info like Babylon and Egypt is even correct?
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thus, I would say that Persia is a Scientific and Commercial civ, sorry Pem!

Comment

Actually, they've been changing the attributes almost every week. For example, when the Chinese abilities changed, they adjusted accordingly. The same with the Romans. The Persians were changed also, except they were changed in two different ways.

The Chinese used to be scientific/industrious (on the chart) and are now indicated correctly as militaristic/industrious on both the "civ of the week" and the chart. The Romans had their change from militaristic/industrious to militaristic/commerical indicated on both as well. The Germans used to be (militaristic/commercial?) and are now militaristic/scientific (again correctly indicated on the chart). I believe there was at least one other change but I don't remember what it was.
        Last edited by Pembleton; October 1, 2001, 12:17.

Comment

Oh really? I didn't know that...that really changes things completely then!! I figured that the chart just remained static, and they just updated them in the civ of the week sections when that civ came around.
          The plot thickens!

Comment

The chart's changed at last 4 times...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

ah! how stupid is that? switching attributes every week as if the attributes are all interchangeable and not really unique to each civ. They should've determined from history which attribute the civ should have AND THEN change the other stuff to fit with it. not the other way round.

Comment

I think they want us to have SOMETHING to talk about other than what color France should be.
                "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
                  I think they want us to have SOMETHING to talk about other than what color France should be.
                  The color of France? New poll topic! New poll topic!

Comment

Stupid? Hardly. As discussed in the AI Predictability thread, they need to go even further in making such changes. I advocated that it all should be randomized (as an option) so we do NOT know what to expect from an AI civ. If you do not want the AI to be predictable, then ignore this whole business of civ attributes altogether.

Comment

I'm bumping this so that maybe someone at Firaxis can correct this. But if they're really busy since it seems like crunch time right now, I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
                        Stupid? Hardly. As discussed in the AI Predictability thread, they need to go even further in making such changes. I advocated that it all should be randomized (as an option) so we do NOT know what to expect from an AI civ. If you do not want the AI to be predictable, then ignore this whole business of civ attributes altogether.
                        I'll bet that even with guidance as to a civ's attitude or potential resources (production, science, etc), there will be plenty of other variables to discover after we encounter that civ. In fact, AI "predictability" will probably be a GOOD thing, because it will probably MIS-direct us!

Comment

It is fascinating to watch the anticipation and expectation of the AI becoming better and better everyday as we get closer to the release.

Comment

Pembleton, good news (for you anyways). They have changed the Persians so that they are both scientific and industrius

Dan must have missed updating that one, till you reminded him, or he was in the process of updating it, when you noticed... Hmmm, now im just confusing myself
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thanks for noting the update, Skank. And thanks for the update, Dan.

And I am quite pleased that a sci/ind combo is back. Looks like Persians for me first game.

Comment

Working...
                              X