Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long from release of civ 3 to when we get Civ 3 MP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long from release of civ 3 to when we get Civ 3 MP???

Remember how long it took from Civ2 to Civ2 MGE (Ultimate civ2). This despite the rumored MP hooks in civ2 and the known existence of civnet!! It seemed like about 3+ years. And the stop wasn;t technical,. it had to do with marketing. Getting the max bang for the buck!!

So what do y'all think??
    before SP Civ 3
    3.08%
    0-3 months
    12.31%
    3-6 months
    33.85%
    6 months to a year
    27.69%
    1-2 years
    3.08%
    2-3 years
    0.00%
    3-4 years
    0.00%
    greater than 4 years
    4.62%
    spammers check here (banana)
    15.38%

I voted 6 months to a year. I think the game will be les popular than civ2 so they will need to release the add ons earlier...

Comment

Forget to add a poll first time around?

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah. Been drinking tonight. BTW (to keep it on topic) I think it will be close to 6 months. What do you think?

Comment

Not sure, hoping for 3-6 months so that it will come as a patch. Any longer and it will most likely be an "Expansion pack" requiring more cash.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

3-6 months is good, and it better be downloadable.
            Alex

Comment

1) If MP costs extra money, I won't buy it
              2) If MP is a patch, I'll download it
              3) Don't care about MP now, since SP is going to be so amazingly great!
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It is all rather boring, but hey, MP talk it is, so here are my 2 cents. I said 3-6 months, but it'll be closer to six. For the rest, I agree with Solver.
                To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

The semi-official comment about multiplayer is that it will come in May 2002 (in other words, 6-7 months after the initial release)...
                  Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Where did you hear that?

Comment

i picked 6 mo. to a year and i'll bet that it will cost money too
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Patriqvium
                        The semi-official comment about multiplayer is that it will come in May 2002 (in other words, 6-7 months after the initial release)...
                        That is being attributed to Firaxis' Marketing people answering an email. It was what initially caused all the comotion about no MP on release. It does make sense; Civ3 is the 2001 4Qtr product, MOO3 the 2002 1Qtr product, Civ3 MP/Expansion Pak the 2002 2Qtr product.
                        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I voted "before SP Civ3". It WILL be in the game. My theory is that they know that everyone at Aployton will go nutso about it and this is all part of a sociological experiment to see what happens when people are given little to no information. Will they believe
                          A) Little to no info. = it's not in or
                          B) Little to no info. = it's in or
                          C) It doesn't matter, the WORLD IS ENDING and CIV3 WILL SUCK!!!

Obviously right now we know that A and C are the big winners.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

sorry if i'm being cynical, but

this is the stupidest poll ever

Comment

Well...why the huge delay between Civ2 and Civ2MGE? And then why should the gap be closer wrt to Civ3 and Civ3 MGE (as we seem to expect)?

1. Bigger gap between previous MP and next game. (i.e. with civnet/civ2 released close to each other. While civ2 MGE and Civ3 are further apart.) Thus previous generation MP sales already exhausted.)

2. Less development time needed. (Hard to say here.)

3. civ3 sales overall less strong than civ2, so need to do follow-ons quicker.

Comment

Working...
                              X