Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP no longer mentioned in Amazon advertising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP no longer mentioned in Amazon advertising.

Looks like MP will definitely be out.

Eh. It annoys me 'cause they're gonna gouge like they did last time, but I'm mainly an SPer.

Gouging, not productive competition, GP.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

theyre going to make a few extra scenarios and add MP and make you bend over and pay.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

i choose you! ISO!

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          theyre going to make a few extra scenarios and add MP and make you bend over and pay.
          Usually, when I'm paying, I like to make the other guy bend over.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Eh. It annoys me 'cause they're gonna gouge like they did last time, but I'm mainly an SPer.

Gouging, not productive competition, GP.
            Of course it's gouging, copyrighted works are monopoly priced. Of course, we have to remember that this helps drive innovation/development (as with pharmaceuticals) and that (wrt to computer games) there are available substitutes.

Comment

Can you say "Multiplayer Gold Edition", like we didn't (shouldn't have) known it was going to be this way.

If you've got a cash cow, milk her her till she falls over!

Comment

Well.. you really think they are going to sell MP separately?

You know.. I can't really blame them. I mean, yes, it is taking us for a ride. But at the same time, it is a free market society we are living in and they can pretty much do what they want with CIV.

And the truth is, I would sell it separately if it was my decision to make- its good marketing. No one may like it, but then no one is twisting our arms to make sure we buy the product either.

So basically what I am saying is: they may sell MP later, and we all will B!t(h about it, but then go right out and buy the MP XP.

Comment

Remember Civnet???

Civ2 had MP hooks in it when it shipped. MGE took forever!!!!

Comment

yeah, and that was five years ago!
                    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

This makes perfect sense. 16 civs SP. Sell the baby.
                      Six months later, sales are dropping. CivIII Add-On. Included is four extra civs, 10 scenarios (5 Firaxis/5 hijacked off the Internet) and multiplayer support.
                      A year later, CivIII MGE. Everything put together in the same box with a few extra scenarios.
                      A year after that, the whole thing is sold for 1/2 price. Then it's prime time for CivIV.
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

It's a dangerous game they play.

Sure short term they get more money, long term more customers distrust what they say and do. Which is the better solution?

For the market it makes sense to stiff the customer and sell the game in two seperate entities because by the time the general public decides to wise up either the game company wises up or they are out of business...

In the short term it's the customer who must watch and see what happens. I'm going to wait and see if MP ships with the game, if so they I'll probably get it, otherwise I'll wait. I'm sure my measly $50 won't break Firaxis and Infogrames, but maybe eventually there will be enough people withholding that $50 to make a difference.

Comment

There are a few possible reasons why they are not shipping with MP[list=1][*]They want the Christmas market and including MP will delay it too long[*]They want the extra post-game sales on expansion packs.[*]MP just doesn't work and they are shipping with the hope they can rectify the situation in the near future.[/list=1]
                          I am hoping that its 1) myself.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
                            This makes perfect sense. 16 civs SP. Sell the baby.
                            Six months later, sales are dropping. CivIII Add-On. Included is four extra civs, 10 scenarios (5 Firaxis/5 hijacked off the Internet) and multiplayer support.
                            A year later, CivIII MGE. Everything put together in the same box with a few extra scenarios.
                            A year after that, the whole thing is sold for 1/2 price. Then it's prime time for CivIV.
                            makes perfect sense. This is the way this stuff works. Just lie back and enjoy it...

Comment

Originally posted by GP

makes perfect sense. This is the way this stuff works. Just lie back and enjoy it...
                              or we can B). sit here and flame them.

i choose B.

Comment

Working...
                              X