No announcement yet.

Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said '0'; the time I spent/spend playing Civ 2 and AC would make it pointless to spend money on any other games for right now, maybe after 6 months of playing Civ 3 I'll consider even playing other games let alone buying new ones!

Bonus; by that time the 'new game' prices (of games now available) should have dropped by half!

Comment

I´m not sure if I´ll be buying Civ3 the moment it comes out... But probably this year still.

Apart from that, I may buy Commandos 2, which should be coming out tomorrow. But I´m not sure if I´ll buy it, since my system only just satisfies the requirements, and if I truly need 2 gigs of free space, I´ll have to do some serious rearranging!

I don´t think I´ll be buying anything else anytime soon.

Maybe I should upgrade my system a little with some more memory and a new harddisk... Well, maybe when I get a job or something.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

CivIII
        ST:Armada2
        Empire Earth (original beta tester, yay!)

And there are quite a few other games I am looking forward to, but I am not sure if they will be released before the new year.

Comment

I learnt my lesson from Civ 2 - Dont buy Civ and another game!! The other game will just sit there for months, not being opened or played, and when you do finally get around to playing it, it would have been half price to buy it at the shops. Ill take Firaxis seriously when they say "Dont plan on doing anything for 6 to 9 months after buying Civ3"
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Anunikoba, another original Empire Earth beta tester here. Which makes us two of the elite 1,000!

Not sure if you have been part of the "disappointed with the Civ3 graphics" discussions here (I have been--on the side of "graphics have very little to do with a strategy game and I'm not disappointed"). Now I feel like a hypocrite: EE is very much a strategy game, and I find myself very much disappointed with the graphics. Particularly in contrast to the AoE/AoC series.

(Know this is way-way-off-topic, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to "pass a note in class", so to speak!)

Comment

Originally posted by DATarbell
              (Know this is way-way-off-topic, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to "pass a note in class", so to speak!)
              It is? It's still related to games you are buying this year, isn't it (assuming EE comes out this year)?

I forgot about EE. When I first heard of that, I was interested, and it's interesting to hear that the graphics are disappointing. And I take graphics more into consideration in an RTS than I do a TBS.

Comment

Pembleton, that's just my opinion (re: the graphics). I encourage you to seek the opinions of others.

Comment

I might buy Fifa 2002

Comment

I don't think I will be able to afford other games besides civ3 cutting into my study time and distracting me, so just civ3.

Comment

The only games that I am considering buying are Civ3, EU2 and Commandos 2.

Apart from that, I may buy Commandos 2, which should be coming out tomorrow

Freaky , I just noticed that as I went to reply. Is it coming out now. At last!!!!! I probably will stop posting at poly for a couple of weeks. And I was only a couple of posts from Kingdom.

Also I better upgrade my computer, pronto!
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Zero. Null. Void. Except if Neverwinter Nights comes out before Christmas and seems to be worth buying.
                        Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Definately CM 01/02.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Depending on reviews (and the demo's) I'd probably get the following game(s):

Stronghold - love castle building/siege games!
                            Pool of Radience - Original was great, hoping this is as good.
                            EE - the AOE/AOK series was a lot of fun, haven't read much about EE tho.

Comment

Ozymandous, I forgot all about Stronghold--good catch! That one looks like it could eat up a bunch of evenings and weekends.

I've been beta testing EE, and for me it doesn't distinguish itself enough from AoE/AoK/AoC to warrant its purchase. On the other hand, LucasArts has announced Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds which will use an enhanced AoC engine to implement the Star Wars universe. If it's out by Christmas I just may have to put it under the tree for my four boys. And yes, there is an ulterior motive in my generosity, although it's not what you think! I bought them AoC last Christmas and I still haven't gotten my hands on it. So maybe Galactic Battlegrounds will distract them long enough for me to sneak it (AoC) away for a few weeks or months. Then again, if Civ3 comes out relatively on schedule, and if it's as good as it looks like it's shaping up to be, then I may not want or need any other distractions for quite some time!

Wille, pardon my ignorance, but what's 'CM' stand for?

Comment

DAMMIT there are so many good gamnes coming out in the coming months, why can some have come out NOW while im still BORED!

GRRRR

anyway, Civ3, EE, MOO3, Warfraft3, galactic battlegrounds...?!?
                                And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
                                X