Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the more i find out about civ3... (attepmt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why would I do that? You shouldn't judge a game you haven't played.

Comment

it's sad cold...they're all sheep =(
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

right i'm going to buy every game to see if they're any good

kaak: the world needs sheep man, valuable resources
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

theres a difference between being reasonable and being a sheep....

just b/c someone is optimistic about something based on the available information doesn't make him a sheep. ignorant following does. also, its just as irrational to say that the game will suck simply b/c it isn't perfect. so maybe some features may not be there, but how about the features that will be? but i guess its no use trying to convince a pessimist. while there will definitely be some minor bugs/balancing issues (given the ambitious unique civs), that will be fixed and we'll have a great civ game.

Comment

civ3 will suck only if there's no MP
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              The more the I look at Civ3, the more I CAN'T WAIT!

Wonderful graphics, with unique leader animations. Unique civs, with personality (not the same variations of one civ). Resources and Culture, TOTALLY changing the way the game is played.

Bring on Civ3! I can't wait!
              so true,

this game will be great! period, if you truly like civ, i think you'll like this game
              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by dennis580
                I'm all for anything that makes invasions harder. So I think not being able to use roads is awesome.
                So hard that war is obsolete??

From what i have read so far, the following restrictions will apply to waging war;-

*No use of foreign roads
                *Diplomatic penalties
                *Only one army per four cities (with only 4 units per army)
                *Woeful attack strengths (at least until modern age)

So, how many Civ2 players will enjoy Civ3 without warfare? Not this little black duck! If CivIII is reduced to merely an empire-building game, it will be little more than Sim City

Hopefully their competency will shine through and it will be far more balanced than what it seems, but from what i have read (from Firaxis themselves), it's not promising

Comment

Well, I'd like to see less military emphasis. Face it Civ2 is a warfare based game, plain and simple. At least this way you can be a builder.

it's sad cold...they're all sheep =(

Yeah, horrible, you are such sheep to the anti-Civ3 forces .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Kaak,
                    Come on now the game doesn't look as bad as all that. You are right the lack of Multiplayer support out of the box is substandard in this day and age and the invaders don't get to use roads things is totally un realistic (how do you blow up bridges if there are no bridges to begin with & how do you mine a road if you haven't discovered explosives yet?).

I am confident that after a couple of patches have been released and the road thing has been fixed with a mod pack that Civ 3 will be the best civ ever. I just wish Fraxis would sell us a finished product right from the start and not dribble it out of the course of a year.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why should the road thing be 'fixed'?

After all, it was probably done to slow down warmongers (which the game is heavily biased towards).

Who said Civ was supposed to be totally realistic?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

To all the optimists:

Thats what everyone said about CTP and 2

The truth will come out when CIV3 is released.
                        be free

Comment

different developers, different design concept - different game

.......no comparison

There is continuity within Fraxis - we know what to expect.
                          tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

There is continuity within Fraxis - we know what to expect.
                            pssssssssssst: Microprose did civ2...
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak

pssssssssssst: Microprose did civ2...
                              Congratulations for winning my Too Dumb To Breath award, troll.

In case you didn't know, the people behind Civ2 (who worked for MicroProse back then) are now working for Firaxis, except Brian Reynolds and a few others.
                              Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Hey, where did Brian go? He's a great designer.

Comment

Working...
                                X