No announcement yet.

Right of Passage pact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you get there movement bonus from there roads. Makes the agreement very important if you have to travel across someones land to get to another civ you are at war with.

Comment

Any rule that adds a little to realism is good by me.
      Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
      "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

oooh... I can't wait to play out the diplomacy in Civ3...
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Railroads shouldn´t work but roads should. The roads are still there right
          If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
          And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Originally posted by DonJoel
            Railroads shouldn´t work but roads should. The roads are still there right
            Yes, roads are obviously still there - check with any map-screenshot at http://www.civ3.com/. Also read all updated info on that site, and this one as well; http://civ.strategy-gaming.com/civ3infocenter.shtml, for the latest info about the Civ-3 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Not if you edit within 5 minutes, and I was quick to notice Dan's name on the last post by.

Check this screencapture (I had the window open until I posted my last reply and made that)
              Oh; So you have a '5 minute window' to make any changes without the reflection of an edit to the post. I wonder why that is??

Thanks for the info.

Comment

so, with this pact, can an AI civ send in a tank onto one of your squars, but you can still work the sqaur?

and thje only way to trade is with connecting roads, so you would HAVE to send in a worker. is this an act of war?

OH MY GOD! THEY HAVE PUT ON OF THEIR SLAVES IN OUR TERRITORY!
                eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Also, non combat units like workers are generally able to enter other civs' territories to do things like build connecting roads.

Dan
                  I think that means you can send your workers to build a trading connection, and that it is not an act of war.
                  Visit Gamacather (GC)!

Comment

The railway sould don't work since they need a infrastructure and they are easy to sabotage, but roads are just roads.

And the big question is indeed this : can you still work a square occupied by an ally/neutral unit? I remember I stared a war agains an ally in CTP2 for that reason.
                    "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
                    "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

Combat engineering?

What if you're invading another country and you build a (rail)road to support your invasion force, will the (rail)road work for you? or will it only benefit the enemy? maybe you would have to pay a certain amount of gold for each road that you travel over. (gold being spent to placate the natives and keeping them from bothering your troops.)

Comment

Working...
                      X