Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anunikoba
    I rarely if ever buy the collector's editions for games
    I never buy collector's editions for anything, but in this case its different. For only $15 more, you get a Civ 3 style cookie tin and some other stuff...

This will be my first (and probably last) collectors edition thing i ever get... but i think its worth it
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I would have to second that, I have never bought an LE game before, but this time, you bet. CivII was actually the only game I deliberately bought on day of release.

Do any of you fellow euro-peoples know if the LE will be "widely" available in Europe? And another thing -slightly off-topic- if it will be in English on the mainland... we hate foreign language games like we hate dubbed movies...
      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I agree , if I can choose I'll buy the LE edition since it's bound to become a classic, but if I find a normal one at my local store before the LE, then I'm not going to wait for the LE.
        Live long and prosper !

Comment

I've bought a few LE games, (Myst III, Diablo II, Quake III), and I must say that in general I've been quite pleased. I can't really say I use that junk they send, (apart from the cute little tin figure in the Myst box, which now adorns my computer, and makes my day brighter), but for aesthetic reasons I prefer the LE boxes. Besides, the amusement from the extra trinkets are worth the $15 or whatever it is it costs.

Nobody forces you to buy the LE...

---
          AZWC posts a very random note

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
            if it will be in English on the mainland... we hate foreign language games like we hate dubbed movies...
            I certainly have to second that motion!!! Firaxis listen, please!

Not having a credit card, I cannot buy games online and I am studying at an American university in Germany. I speak only very little German, so unless the game is in English I will definitely not buy it (I just wouldn't understand it - there would be no point).

As to the LE, there is no way I am buying that! The only tempting thing in that is one extra scenario, but I am not going to fork out extra 15$ for one scenario.
            Rome rules

Comment

I want a tin figure, I want a tin figure... I want to chant with my tin figure. Question is, would it be a tin figured Phalax, or Sid Meier?
              To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Working...
              X