Collector's Limited Edition Unique Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector's Limited Edition Unique Scenario

Anyone know what it is? I'm looking all over and can find no information for it. It should be easy to download after the release, but if it sounds pretty cool, I'll buy the LE to "reward" Firaxis for putting it in.

I don't think they have given any info on the scenario yet.

What else is in that funky LE box?
    CSPA

Comment

I have a question for anyone paying attention.

Did anyone else buy a pre-order box from a retail store like bestbuy?

I'm a little confused, because it says by purchasing the box I have automatically reserved a copy. Yet I have no special receipt, just a normal reciept.

"To reserve your copy of Civ III, take this box to the register. Your 10 dollar purchase will be apllied against the cost of the game when it is available at Bestbuy."

I'm confused because all I have is a reciept from the store. Will htis be enough to claim my copy? And will I be able to get the special edition at a retail store?

Thanks in advance.
      A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

HTere is also a "special strategy guide" in the LE.

Comment

There's a "making of Civ III: video, Sid's "design notes" and a fold-out tech tree. The tech tree came free with the original Civ III but I guess it's a luxury item now.

Someone whould ask Firaxis what the scenario is all about next time they have a Q&A session.

Comment

Originally posted by Stromprophet
            HTere is also a "special strategy guide" in the LE.
            $15 for:

- A video that can be found on Internet
            - A totally Useless strategy Guide

Comment

Uh, the box is tin. That by itself is worth over $10.

Strategy guides are useless, eh? So you've never taken someone else's advice on anything Civ-related?
              "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
              "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
              "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

A box made out of tin is worth $10? If thats true then I'm in the wrong business. I should be crushing up beer cans and selling them for $1 a go. Not that dollars are much use where I come from.....

Dave
                Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Originally posted by redstar1
                  A box made out of tin is worth $10? If thats true then I'm in the wrong business. I should be crushing up beer cans and selling them for $1 a go. Not that dollars are much use where I come from.....

Dave
                  aren't cans made out of aluminium?
                  "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

The box will no doubt be Stainless Steel anyway.

I'll use it to keep biscuits in, or something.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I would be willing to pay for good materials. If anybody remembers the materials in Pirates!, for instance, or the cloth map and nice box in Ultima IV, you'll agree that these little extras add to the enjoyment of the game.

Don't ask me how. They just do. And yes, these games cost $50 or $60 back then too...
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The Limited Edition comes with scenarios (or at least one of them) that are not in the normal version? Didn´t know that, is it confirmed?

And is something known about these scenarios?
                        Blah

Comment

it just says "exclusive scenario" or soemthing.

im sure one of you will post it for me
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by rixxe

$15 for:

- A video that can be found on Internet
                            - A totally Useless strategy Guide

If you read thru the lines in the old strategy books for civ II there are actually some tips that very few people can see. It has its advantages. And they always look cool.

Comment

I rarely if ever buy the collector's editions for games (who needs another rubber keychain?).

But maybe...

Comment

Working...
                              X