Check out these map-editor buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out these map-editor buttons

Click on this old map-editor screenshot.

Now, take a look on each of the eleven buttons at the bottom of the screen. Some are obvious like the forest-button, but any ideas about the others? Does some/most of them lead to sub-menus? The choosen water-button for instance, says "irrigate", but perhaps it contains sub-menu river, lake and ocean, as well? Any speculations comparing with the map-editor in Civ-2?

I don't think it is a mapeditor, just an old screen.
    I think ti is the full screen of one of the screens that was with CGW (IIRC).
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      I don't think it is a mapeditor, just an old screen.
      It is obviously the map-editor - look at the buttons. What else could it possibly be? The irrigation-graphics indicates an old screenshot, but I dont think they have changed the map-editing button-choices.

Comment

it says worker in the box so its probably the popup order butons in game for terraforming, look at the date:1997 there woulod be tereforming, so thats why irrigation is there, and forest and stuff.

duh!
        (only joking)

i thought on the old screenshots the civ info is at the top and the map on the right and th irrigation was the wiggly squares i see on that one, is it old or new, it's modern age and new interferance but theres the old irrigatrion?

i dont like having the civ info in tha unit box underneath.
        Just my 2p.
        Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
        Which shows you learn something every day.
        formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Click HERE and check out these main-game bottom-screen buttons. They vary in both numbers and positions.

Comment

Well, I´m also not sure that this is the map editor. Look on the buttons, one has "Irrigate" as function. Perhaps these buttons are for active settlers? So, the forest button could say "Change Terrain", the button with the tower could mena "Build Fortress", the button left to the tower could mean "Mine" etc, etc.
            Blah

Comment

definalty not a map editor its jsut the workers orders buttons at bottom of screen
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                Well, I´m also not sure that this is the map editor.
                Well, maybe you, Gramphos and Rasputin are right. Hmm - we just have to wait and see, I guess.

Comment

I guess it is the Worker Functions.
                  The tree must be plant forest
                  The waves is irrigate (as the text says)
                  ZZZ must be sleep
                  The tower could be fortress
                  The two vertical lines seem to be road.
                  The arrow left of irrigation can be GoTo or locate unit.
                  To the rest I've no idea. The Pickaxe (or Hammer) may be mine, but not on grassland
                  There should be a build colony also.

Comment

Now I've compared it with that CGW screen, and It is the same map. The only difference I can see is that the CGW screen has a ship on it.

The Screen

Comment

The hand could mean _wait_
                      The sun (first icon) could mean _build colony_???
                      My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
                      My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

It's not the editor, it's not even an in-game screen; that is an extremely old artists' mockup of what an interface might look like over the game main map screen.

Dan
                        Dan Magaha
                        Firaxis Games, Inc.
                        --------------------------

Comment

What did I say?

Dan supports my theory.
                          on Ralf

Comment

dammit, i missed a chance to rant on ralf
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Check out these map-editor buttons

Originally posted by Ralf
                              Click on this old map-editor screenshot.

Now, take a look on each of the eleven buttons at the bottom of the screen. Some are obvious like the forest-button, but any ideas about the others? Does some/most of them lead to sub-menus? The choosen water-button for instance, says "irrigate", but perhaps it contains sub-menu river, lake and ocean, as well? Any speculations comparing with the map-editor in Civ-2?
                              I would think that this is the worker options screen. After all, a worker unit is selected. So I imagine he would have the option to build roads, irrigate, and build forts.
                              A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

Working...
                              X