No announcement yet.

Jeff Morris interview at civfanatics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CivFanatics: Lastly, what do you think is the single most important change from Civ2 to Civ3?

Jeff Morris: That's an easy one. Resources and trading. This is one of the main features that will challenge players of the previous games to significantly alter their strategies.
    So this probably means resources and trading are the top improvement. I'm actually quite pleased with this because Civ3 seems to shape like Civ and RailRoad tycoon combined.

Still a shame that MP won't be in it.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
      What I mean is that most of the info was not all that intriguing to hear.
      I couldn't agree more and it seems to me that JM avoided giving any real comment on MP.
      Besides that the army issue never seems to become clear. Do i need a leader to create an army, or the number of cities is the only needed condition, or both?
      Visit Gamacather (GC)!

Comment

Originally posted by Pggar
        Besides that the army issue never seems to become clear. Do i need a leader to create an army, or the number of cities is the only needed condition, or both?
        the number of cities is not a condition, it's a limit

you need a leader to make an army
        but you cant have more than 1 army if you have up to 4 cities(2 for 8 cities, etc)
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It is now only one month to shipment in US and maybe 2 in the UK!!!

I can't wait ... to see how the game really plays.

At least it seems that you won't be able to change units in the army... that would make armies too powerful, but we will see...
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            the number of cities is not a condition, it's a limit

you need a leader to make an army
            but you cant have more than 1 army if you have up to 4 cities(2 for 8 cities, etc)
            Thanks Markos

I guess what confused me was the Military Academy (small wonder) concept, as stated by the civ team you can also build armies after you built the MA. Then your leaders will be useful only to rushbuying wonders. Unless the MA gives you only one army. Any way i guess i'm way off topic here, sorry.
            Visit Gamacather (GC)!

Comment

I kinda liked the wonder movies - they gave a sense of historical "wonder" to all the effort that goes into building them. It was kinda like re-living a little piece of history.

Deadlines. . . go figure

Comment

few questions!?

Guys, any idea what a barbarian encampment would look like? Could you make separate alliances with them(that would be awesome). I would definetaly eradicate some, but leave others to piss my opponents off.Sort of like 'harboring' Terrorists .

no word on MP? Typical, but i guess its a little too late to expect anything else! I will have to practice on AI before delving into PBEM !

Wonder Movies? I dont care about those. Big video files that get boring after showing 2 or 3 times. No big loss

Comment

Re: Jeff Morris interview at civfanatics

CivFanatics: Will the game include natural disasters? If no, why not?

Jeff Morris: No.
                  Something to add then, having put them into CtP2
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'd like to thank mark for crediting me for the news. Its that kind of kindness that makes it all worthwhile. ( )
                    Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

This is unrelated to the thread but then again it doesn't deserve a new thread. Since I'm usually at school (sick right now) on Fridays I don't know the exact time the Civ of the Week is updated but when does it usually update? I figured it would have been done by now but it's not.
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

The new civ of the week is the India - with the War Elephant

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
                          I'd like to thank mark for crediting me for the news. Its that kind of kindness that makes it all worthwhile. ( )
                          unfortunately i cant credit you for it, since i learned about it by visiting civfanatics directly. if you had sent a pm or something....
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Don't feel bad... I am the motivator behind the opening of the Civ3 - Civilizations forum and I haven't seen any credit for it.

Plus, there have been other news items where the info came from me and I didn't receive credit for it.

You know Mark, I'm starting to think that there is some kind of conspiracy against me.
                            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                            X