Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's tired of "Civ Trivia" being a news item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont mind the civtriv news, i dont do it, but at least it shows it is being updated which is very knida positive,
    i dont mind it being there, i thinks its quite good seeing as there is no other news (otherwise it would be a week a go it was updated) so its not "no it sucks" on the vote but i dont think "yes its cool"
    add a dont care option
    Just my 2p.
    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
    Which shows you learn something every day.
    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

The trivia news doesn't bother me too much, but I want some real news mixed in.

Comment

God help the people who toture Dan for more news on Civ3 instead of the trivia!

In the words of a singaporean girl, AIYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must actually THINK that Firaxis is SUPPOSED to feed you with continous information? THANK THE INTERNET THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO GET SOME INFO.

In the words of a kiwi, Bloody Hell. They offer you trivia everyday, and you STILL whinge like a little 3 year old girl.

If I liked swearing, I'd give those people two words right now, the first one beginning with f.

Unbelievable!
        be free

Comment

Oh and to the topic:

Some of the questions have been missed anyway, I suggest you stop bothering to update the Civ3 section with the trivia. I mean really, who is going to read it? People who live to be pointless?
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
            I'm not letting any guy "get over me"
            I'm over you in the list

Oh, and I've guessed 3 times (was in hurry to get to school). Known the answer 5 times and looked up it the rest of the times so far (I've got a very good History book with a Superb Index that my School supplies me with (and if it doesn't help me I search the web for five minutes max, and then I'll guess if I've not found it (once (liver)))). Still I guess that I'll miss one question soon because the lack of time to look them up, and the farer away from our current part of history (the one we read in school right now) will make me guess wrong or miss a question.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'm not really annoyed that it is a news item but why even bother? Is it really that important that each question (actually it seems that some were skipped/missed) be posted as a new item? Maybe a weekly announcement on who has the highest score.

And do I get any recognition for getting the lowest score (don't make it a point to do it every day)?
              "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
              "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
              "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Hopefully we get some more new tomorrow.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Oh for crying out loud. What do you want him to do . . . make up some news? I rarely read the trivia posts myself (some of them were interesting) but is it really that difficult to scroll past them?

Comment

I just figured if we turned up the heat a bit on Apolyton; Apolyton would do likewise to it's Firaxian bretheren.

Markos: I wasn't trying to offend you; you have been nothing but professional and have put in countless hours on finding and posting information for us 'Civ-addicts' so that our withdraw symptoms don't get too bad!

Comment

MY opinion - The trivia thing doesn't need to be covered in Apolytons news...anyone who's interested in the trivia thing is someone who is playing it, which means they will see it daily at civ3.com anyway so I think it's a bit of a waste of space on Apolyton
                      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
                        MY opinion - The trivia thing doesn't need to be covered in Apolytons news...anyone who's interested in the trivia thing is someone who is playing it, which means they will see it daily at civ3.com anyway so I think it's a bit of a waste of space on Apolyton
                        Exactly my reason for voting to stop the CivTrivia being news...
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          i'm sorry, when did we start forcing people to read the news?

news items on the trivia questions have "TRIVIA" on the titles, they can be every easily ignored....
                          MarkG, your the site, your the choice. It simply doesn't seem a subject that fit into the news, IMHO.

Yes, I can avoid to read it, I simply give you my (polite, I hope) opinion as a reader: I'll probably be more interested with a daily news about the weather over Firaxis office
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
                            MarkG, your the site, your the choice. It simply doesn't seem a subject that fit into the news, IMHO.

Yes, I can avoid to read it, I simply give you my (polite, I hope) opinion as a reader: I'll probably be more interested with a daily news about the weather over Firaxis office
                            and i assume a discussion and a poll on whether such news should be posted is much more interesting, valueable or needed....
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Apolyton exists for 3 years, and we still don't know how the admins work. Remember this is a private site and thus bla bla bla bla.

if we would all have voted pro the trivia as a news item, I'm sure Markos would remove it.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

These kind of posts/topics happen when there's no NEW news to report, I'm sorry to have caused some grief among Apolytoner's and it's administrators. I was just trying to make a point that I would like to see something else besides 'Civ Trivia', not cause bad blood between fellow Civer's.

I'm Sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X