Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's tired of "Civ Trivia" being a news item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's tired of "Civ Trivia" being a news item?

I don't think this should be an on-going news item. Come on, we don't need every question re-posted on Apolyton, do we? Give us devevolper updates, insights from great posts within the forum, tip of the day......and so on.
    I'm bored with it already!
    86.92%
    I think it's really cool!
    13.08%

Re: Who's tired of "Civ Trivia" being a news item?

Originally posted by bigfree1
    Give us devevolper updates, insights from great posts within the forum, tip of the day......and so on.
    we've been torturing Dan for all that, but all he has given us is his name, his rank and trivia questions. he seems to have memorized the whole cartoon history book
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Mark, it's great to hear that you're 'digging' for more info, keep it up! If I remeber correctly; wasn't there supposed to be a 'part 2' of an interview with Sid?

Comment

The whole keeping score thing is silly since you can easily get a perfect score without ever knowing an answer to the question. I almost regret not doing since I heard there might be a prize for the top scorers after I stopped keeping up on it.

Comment

i think it's a pathetic excuse for a daily update
          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

It would be nice if there were other things to post other than trivia, but unfortunately, that's all there is right now.
            Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

Well, I suppose Dan thought: "These apolytonners think I updated the previous site too little, so now I will update the site on a daily basis! Without revealing too much info!"

Brilliant, but even a child would know that this will not work.

Give us real info on civ3.com!

Concerning the news items: Leave these civ trivia updates out. It doesn't add anything.... It is obvious that it is no news....
              Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
              If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
              "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

The trivia stuff is annoying, but I like the fact that the page is being updated daily. The only reason there is no other news being posted is because there is no news to report. These are the dog days of Civ3... the waiting...

It's nice to see the Apolyton team working I luv u guys
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i'm sorry, when did we start forcing people to read the news?

news items on the trivia questions have "TRIVIA" on the titles, they can be every easily ignored....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

oh, Markos, we don't blame anyone.
                    it's just............. annoying, nothing more, nothing less.
                    but you're right, some people will like it, other people will hate it.

now go over to this thread and please answer my burning question:

thanks in advance
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Now where is that I don't care option?...
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

a recent poll reveals 75% of Apolytoners were apathetic , the other 25% said they didnt care enough to vote !!!!
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I'm in the posts and still find them annoying as I keep hoping for actual new Civ3 info. Besides I really hate that the news is updated before I even wake up to answer the question. Wouldn't hurt to wait a few hours before posting it.

Comment

c'mon SerapisIV, make a mistake tomorrow, will you ?

You should give me a fair change to get over you
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I'm not letting any guy "get over me"

Hey, in case people couldn't figure it out, "beating the monkey" (not sexual ) is a term I and well as others have used to describe the assumed ability of a chimp to get 25% on a 4-choice multiple choice exam, or 20% on a 5-choice exam. So I'm not trying to be insulting. The only I've gotten my score so far has been through generous use of google.com anyway. It sure as heck ain't on intelligence. Half these questions it would take a Ph.D in archeology to know anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X