settlers and workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settlers and workers

I was just wandering what others feel about workers now takes half of the settlers job, the job to build roads, etc.

I'm sorry if this have been asked before, but I haven't been around for some time now
    The old style, the Settlers does the work
    6.59%
    The new style, the Workers does the job
    75.82%
    The ctp style, PW
    8.79%
    Some other style, please tell us what else could be
    3.30%
    I couldn't care less about it
    5.49%
    This space is empty... or is it?

I've gotten used to the terraformers used in the SMAC. Let the settlers settle down and let the workers work...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

i like the new system, i always found it hard to believe that a group of colonist could build mines and roads, don't you need some sort of training for that.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Option 2, but the worker shouldn't cost a population point, but just much upkeep.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I like it the way it will be. Firaxis has made the right decision.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i just hope theres an upgraded worker unit (engineer).
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              i just hope theres an upgraded worker unit (engineer).
              If not I hope it will be possibly to add one.

Comment

not one against the new way yet hehe, that means nobody get's annoyed here

But ofcause, it could be most people are busy watching TV from NY and Washington

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                  But ofcause, it could be most people are busy watching TV from NY and Washington
                  Ever heard of WebTV?
                  BTW they show the same things all the time, and when they not show anything from the US. They speak of the protection of the American embassy in Stockholm . There must be some other news. (Even if they aren't that dramatic.)

Comment

I have heard of it, but never used it though

Comment

Did you just change your Avatar? or am I being senile?

Comment

yeah, just changed it 2 minutes ago, I was getting tired of the "old" one

Comment

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

freaky eh?
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

freaky eh?
                            No, Nostradamus' quote are stupid meaningless sentences that are twisted and chewed until they fit for anything happening on earth

New York as "City of God"? Come on... And Twin Towers shouldn't been "sisters"? if not pointless

Sorry Uber, I'm too much in a bad mood to pass on this: nothing personal against you.
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

i agree with adm naismith and i would like to say that i liked the ctp style public worls a lot.

so shoot me
                              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X