Capture catapults and cannons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery was boring in SMAC.
    If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
    And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Catapults didn't have the same role as cannons. Catapults targeted walled fortifications and such, cannons did target people. Did anyone ever hear of something called the Civil War?

Artillery type units should be used this way:

They should be used to bombard fortifications and cities, in effect, destroying buildings and walls.

Also, when on the same tile as a conventional unit, they should provide ranged attacking bonuses while attacking.

This is a little bit of a CTP, but I'm not talking about having armies. Maybe a "Marines" unit with a "Howitzer" on the same square gets a 50 percent bonus while attacking. By the same token, I think that bonuses should be given to defending units as well.

I think this should satisfy realists and other alike, its simple, realistic, and doesn't hurt the gameplay.

Afghanistan 1979 -- Russia's own little Vietnam

Afghanistan 2001 -- United States' second Vietnam
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

HOOOORAY
        HOOOORAY

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          We may capture them
          NICE! This will change the military tactics, now you need to stack infantry with arty. Hope the AI will be good enough not to lose defense 0 units easily.

Comment

On the other hand, you will need to defend workers as well as your artillery units. Which will be a problem, as i normally have between 2 and 4 workers per city

Guess ill havta polish up my crack cavalry troops to take my workers back...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This news about being able to capture cannons offers an entirely new dimension to the game! Combat strategy potential is looking better all the time!
              Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
              "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Working...
              X