Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've waited too long for Civ3 when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...when you wonder if the new Civ of the Week is up yet, before realising that its only Tuesday. (It changes each Friday)

...when you spend your time studying for the CivTrivia questions, even though you have an exam at uni tomorrow
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

...You give in to the peer pressure and declare you will never buy Civ3 unless everyone at apolyton and every review you can find raves about it.

...and then only if it's cheap.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

- you start to imagine that you played civ3 already and write a complete negative review over it
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

...you miss yin

Comment

oh well, it just doesn't feel good.
            I left the battle at it's highpoint ! Few days before the launch of civ3.com and all the other big info !

Everything happened and I was in the center of Africa in the jungle ! It's just not fair !

Yin's pessimism has been broken, and I didn't even witness it !
            *sigh*

- you start to post posts like the one I post right now
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
              ... You reinstall CTP2.
              I have to resist the urge to reinstall it every two or three weeks. But recalling CtP2´s city growth formula (or better, the lack thereof) reliably helps.
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

... when you wake up in the night and go to Apolyton to find if there is some new info...

... when you circle the releadse date on the calendar and count the days until it is out... ( 41 day until US release, and 30 more for UK)
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

... when you work overtime just to look on Apolyton and reply on threads like this.

... cannot resist to respond to stupid polls.

... regrets when there are so few polls nowadays

... already bought a Pentium 4 1,6 Ghz for civ3, just to find out that it is already no longer the fastest available.

... when you're in doubt whether you'll buy that 2,0 Ghz one.

... when you regret yin's decision to go in exile.

... when you cannot find anymore stuff to tell about civ3.
                  Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                  If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                  "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight

... You reinstall CTP2.
                    No thanks. Games that crash every half hour are not my taste.
                    John 6:68

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy
                      ...you are already dreaming in Civ3, and you haven't played it.
                      LOL...that's already happened to me. The fact that it was in 320x200 should probably have tipped me off that something was wrong...

Comment

-you start playing Civ2 again...

...and you're p!ssed off that you can't stick a colony on that gold mountain in the middle of the desert...

-you buy a new computer for Civ3...

-you try to plan your vacation around the release date...

-you develop strategies for a game you've never played...

Its nothing less than pathetic when you think about it.

41 days is TOO LONG!!!
                        Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus

No thanks. Games that crash every half hour are not my taste.
                          Damn, and I had to spend 3 hours messing with the game files to get it even to freeze! I haven't ever managed to get a crash

...when 50% of topics in this forum aren't directly related to Civ3 anymore, because everything that was has been discussed 18 times before.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

...when you find yourself reading the Civ2 Forum because you think the activity of the Civ3 Forum is to low.
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

....you actually believe Yin was Sid

Comment

*Throttles Wonbat*

The game freezes on me before I start 80% of the time.... How in the name of (insert deity here) did you manage that?

On a side note, I only got to 3820 BC in my last game. 32 civs is just too much for my little 64 megs of RAM.
                                *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                                X