Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've waited too long for Civ3 when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you've waited too long for Civ3 when...

... 'Ancient' age no longer means age with wonders like Lighthouse and Colossus, but age when you were contributing to the List.

...You begin to slash Yin's ramblings and piece them back together in hopes of finding secret information about patch scheludes in 'Yin codes'.

...You don't even know what the code looks like, and you've started to edit it already.

...You begin wonder when Mark and Dan are going to set up that Civ4 forum.

...You realize you don't really want Civ3 to come just now - griping about deadlines is so much more fun.

...You cut screenshots from Civ3 site, make them your background images, hitch all icons to hell, and pretend you're playing Civ3 and computer just crashed.

...You've bought all parts of 'Cartoon History' just to get the best CivTrivia score.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

So true. Some other things that apply...

...discussing the importance of colonies over a hundred times

...we had a big club war

...we came up with conspiracies on what Firaxis was actually doing when they said they were working on civ3.com
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

... joined a rogue apolyton sect with the term "pessimist", "optimist", "realist", or "sidist"
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: You know you've waited too long for Civ3 when...

...you start playing Colonization again to think of other games.

Originally posted by Stefu
        ...You begin wonder when Mark and Dan are going to set up that Civ4 forum.

I've waited for Mark to announce the Civ4 forum for a while now.
        Last edited by Gramphos; September 2, 2001, 15:46.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

When you keep walking around the back garden looking at the floor looking for iron, horses, oil and rubber
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

... The dreams and insomnia start to dissappear.

... You realise civ3 is just a game and as such you do not need it.

... Your flight to Firaxis studios is now before the estimated release date as it got pushed back. All those petrol bombs have gone to waste.

... You install another game in that 400 MB of space you'd saved ever since 1999 for civ3.

... You spend that £40 you've had in your back pocket since 1999.

... You stop reading the previews of civ3.

... You reinstall CTP2.

... You visit AC more then the civ3 forum.

... You've died of old age.

... You stop unconscious rating of every game you get against civ3. Have you noticed how all those new games suddenly seem so much better?

... You stop reading page 179 - 183 of the civ2 maual every day.

... You lost you Sid Mieir totem.

... You forget how to spell Meier until you spell it Mieir and know that looks weird.

... Amazon Civ3 selling site has recently dropped 1000 hits a day. All yours.

... You stop spelling Civ3 with a capital C

... You stop mentally torturing " Your friend who hates civ3 ".

... " Your friend who hates civ3 " 's remarks about AOK2 being the best game ever are no longer greeted with a balled up fist.

... " Your friend who hates civ3 " calls Sid Meier a phony media icon and only ends up with three broken legs.

... You have lost the will to visit NINternet and argue for 2 hours with RTS supporters.

... You give up trying to find suitable endings for " You know you've waited too long for Civ3 when... "
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

when no one at apolyton can think of anything new to argue about or complain about

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
                ... You realise civ3 is just a game and as such you do not need it.

... You install another game in that 400 MB of space you'd saved ever since 1999 for civ3.

... You stop reading the previews of civ3.

... You've died of old age.

... You lost you Sid Mieir totem.

... You forget how to spell Meier until you spell it Mieir and know that looks weird.
                Darkknight, I all the above, but I can't miss to note the "friend who hates Civ3" must be your dog, because

... " Your friend who hates civ3 " calls Sid Meier a phony media icon and only ends up with three broken legs.
                Others animals can fit the role, having more than 3 legs, but everyone know dog is best friend of a man...
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Critics.
                  I didn't think of this at the time but some say men have three legs as well
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Re: Re: You know you've waited too long for Civ3 when...

Originally posted by Gramphos

I've waited for Mark to announce the Civ4 forum for a while now.
                    i was involved on a thread on this subject several months ago
                    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

...you completely stopped playing Civ 2 because Civ 3 is so much better (you pressume )

Comment

You're so desperate for anything to do with Civ3 that you make up or respond to threads like this one.
                        Formerly known as Masuro.
                        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

...you are already dreaming in Civ3, and you haven't played it.
                          A genunine Matt Gaston post.

Comment

...when all your friends that don't play civ know about your "problem" with sid, simgolf and stay away from you after you've been online

Comment

...When you read a few cool things about civ3 which excites you. You then decide to play civ2 thinking of all the awesome features in civ3. After you get to about 200BC or so you start to realize that you're playing civ2 and not civ3.

This has happened to me many times.
                              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                              X