Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not seen this since "Tovar the 8th man." Let me think to try to recall.

Comment

Markos it's about time we closos this thread.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Aieeeeee!
        Attached Files
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Outposts are in all the Civ games.

okay, before ya throw some flaming my way I think we should clear this up

Outposts are in Civ2 and 1

Has anyone stationed a few phalanxes or warriors or a muskeeter in a fortress several spaces from one of your cities in the direction your enemy civ might attack? I certainly have.

What about building a fortress and airbase out in a remote region of the continent you are on... like in the middle of those nasty 7 tile mountain ranges... so you can stop surprise attacks from that direction

SSB, yes outposts can be a very potent tactic in Civ3..and the need to defen your territory, not just the cities will make them a valuable asset.

okay.. flame away. hehe

Comment

Anyony else besides me think SSBloveU is gonna get all "Series finale of St. Elsewhere" on us?
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Aieeeeee!
              *lol* Love that splatting icon
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I propose that PH's icon be used as an official smile.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                  I propose that PH's icon be used as an official smile.
                  I second that idea
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This thread has been amusing.

Ta Ta.

Comment

Well you should thank Zopper for that smiley. It is just one of the many in Stefu's Corner Of Smilies in the Apolyton/Community forum!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Harrison,
                        How did you put the smiley on? When I tried that (insert image from stefu's thread), it resulted as an URL in the text. So, how did you do it? Or am I too simple
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I just attached the image from my hard drive at the bottom of the post reply dialogue. But you could do it by using the [ img] [ /img] vB commands (omitting the spaces of course )
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well, lets try it out...
                            [IMG]D:\romua\finland2.gif[/IMG]
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Re: Outposts are in all the Civ games.

Thanks for the information LancerSH. I was really wondering because it is one of my main tactics in playing these types of games. I was studying a map of modern day Turkestan. And I was wondering over the question of the barbarians close to an isolationist nation's borders. This is something like my outpost problem, except Turkestan is nowadays some different country. And I see that the old government of one of the countries is along the boarder of an isolationist nation. I use a perimeter outpost like this to protect my city because the supply lines can never be cut off. However, my outposts which are away from any of my cities have more complex supply lines.

Originally posted by LancerSH
                              okay, before ya throw some flaming my way I think we should clear this up

Outposts are in Civ2 and 1

Has anyone stationed a few phalanxes or warriors or a muskeeter in a fortress several spaces from one of your cities in the direction your enemy civ might attack? I certainly have.

What about building a fortress and airbase out in a remote region of the continent you are on... like in the middle of those nasty 7 tile mountain ranges... so you can stop surprise attacks from that direction

SSB, yes outposts can be a very potent tactic in Civ3..and the need to defen your territory, not just the cities will make them a valuable asset.

okay.. flame away. hehe

Comment

I never have seen St. Elsewhere. But I like the Disney Series"Swamp Fox." I wonder how does a person explore far away lands in Civilization.

Originally posted by Lonestar
                                Anyony else besides me think SSBloveU is gonna get all "Series finale of St. Elsewhere" on us?

Comment

Working...
                                X