Crusaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusaders?

I will not debate their actions in reality here, but I liked this unit in Civ2 and ToT very much - so is there any info if they are in civ3 too?
    Blah

Nothing known about them?

Or in other words: bump!
    Blah

Comment

Dan Magaha's avatar shows a fancy medieval knight, surely a Civ3 unit, but I guess it's not a crusader...
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Crusaders? Good unit, but the Knight is good enough- I mean if it is a special unit for the French, Germans, and/or English it is a good idea- but not everyone had Crusaders... IF you argued it Islam had a sort of crusader...
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Yes, Fiera, I think Dan´s knight is the normal Civ3 knight (which i like very much).

I think the crusades should be reflected in the game. I only hope they get rid of the Crusade wonder from Civ2, I never understood why it gaves you more production...More trade woul be better in my eyes.
          Blah

Comment

You are right.
            There are just a few civilizations that actually had crusaders.
            Maybe should the King Richard's Crusade wonder or Vatican City give you (and maybe your allies?) a special bonus unit: The crusader.

Comment

I liked the Crusaders very much, but I think they were perhaps a bit too strong...
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I think the French (Franks) were the ones who dominated the crusading in the Holy Land, so the Crusader could very well be their special unit.
                CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                  I liked the Crusaders very much, but I think they were perhaps a bit too strong...
                  Yes, therefore I liked them

But I don´t believe they were too strong, only one attack point stronger than the normal knight, and weaker in defense, that is ok...
                  Blah

Comment

Working...
                  X