What about the Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the Aliens

Can anyone tell me what ever happenned to the Aliens. I thought that ctp was meant to have an alien ending and i never saw it. Though i was looking for a massive invasion with all of the excitement that it could bring to the sterile endings in most of the civ family games.

Any chance of some ruthless aliens to kill, completely incompatible with humans with a real bloody war for our planet?

I think i have been in too long!
    Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

No.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Buy SMAC and the expansion and...erm....pretend its the Earth.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I'm sure some people will make alien invasion scenarios. Probably more than I want to know.

Comment

I seem to remember heated discussions about realism. The general consensus was a decidedly negative. As of now, adding aliens would not fit this realism model (it is the opinion of SETI that they don't exist anywhere, let alone on earth). Therefore, they should not be included.

That being said, there were some fairly decent alien invasion scenarios for Civ 2, and, as barefootbadass stated, there will probably be some for Civ 3 as well.
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Well i will keep my alien fantasies to myself in future.

Comment

Just pretend the French are aliens...

Comment

A cool idea for a mod would be that after SETI gets built (assuming SETI is in Civ3), there is a random chance each turn that aliens get contacted, show up, and invade. Could really bolix the end game. I can see it already - human player refuses to build SETI and tries to prevent AI players from doing the same. All we need is an event handler like Civ2 Senarios had. And the best thing is, as a mod, no one will complain about realism because Firaxis didn't make it! Don't like it, don't download, don't unzip, and don't complain to me!

Comment

Yeah i like the posssible connections here building the SETI wonder and then being confronted by a weird and wonderful species intent upon wiping out humanity, making good wines, and chasing girls. Wait a second i might be one of them.

Comment

it is the opinion of SETI that they don't exist anywhere,

I doubt that is true, why look for something you don't expect to even exist?
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

They used to expect that Aliens existed, they just don't any more.

MP, I like the scenario idea. One problem is that the Aliens would have to have a whole new tech line and different art. Maybe the SMACX aliens could be adapted.
                      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

I think what he is trying to say is that SETI realises that if there are aliens, the chances of them using a technology that we can intercept, and that we actually point the things in the right direction to see their communications are very very very low. But it's worth a try, even if to just get one option out of the way.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                          Just pretend the French are aliens...
                          Pretend?
                          A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

La la

Comment

it is the opinion of SETI that they don't exist anywhere,

I doubt that is true, why look for something you don't expect to even exist?

Ok, uh, I don't really know how to do a quote. But I guess the reason they keep looking is so they don't lose their jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X