Graphics requirements - no go for notebooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancient
    hey, why not jus buy a cheapass moniter?
    Just about to say the smae myself
    I use an old 1024*768 monitor hooked to the laptop which also has 1024*768 but I hate staring at an LCD monitor for hours on end.

Not sure but an old cheap one like mine would be max £50 ($60)
    Good new monitor is around £250 - £300.
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Don't, I repeat DON'T, buy a Dell notebook. They are complete garbage. I used to work at Dell, so I can't tell you why you should not (I signed a form . . .), but I cn tell you don't do it! I don't know which notebook you should buy, but I know that notebook isn't a Dell.

I better be able to play Civ3 while travelling
      And I better be able to play without lugging my 17" monitor around (how would I power that thing on a plane anyway?). What, is Firaxis promoting work and productivity over gaming now?

Comment

Mister Pleasant,

I bought a dell laptop back in december 2000 and it runs fine with 1024 x 768. The new ones can even do better because they have the new GeForce2Go card installed in them.
        "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
        "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV

Boss: Will it be compatible with your docking station? Will it have two serial ports? Will it run your work-related apps?
          Just tell your boss that Civ3 is just a complex business simulation.
          Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Pleasant
            Don't, I repeat DON'T, buy a Dell notebook. They are complete garbage. I used to work at Dell, so I can't tell you why you should not (I signed a form . . .), but I cn tell you don't do it! I don't know which notebook you should buy, but I know that notebook isn't a Dell.

I better be able to play Civ3 while travelling
            Point is Dell in Italy is probably the best "notebook for the money" if you would a decent graphic card (GeForce2go).

I would like to have Civ III running on my future personal notebook just because of my daily commute by train.

My company doesn't allow to install personal sw on business notebook (1024*768), but my current personal notebook is (800*600) so I'm out on the cold

Why Firaxis isn't able to squeeze Civ III on a Palm M505 colour is beyond me...
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
            X