Graphics requirements - no go for notebooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics requirements - no go for notebooks

I have a bad piece of news regarding graphics requirements. That civ 3 requires a greater resolution than 800 times 600 will preclude most notebook users (including me) from playing the game . I have an otherwise decent notebook but this graphics requirement killed all my hopes.
    Rome rules

I feel your pain. I've logged many hours of Civ 2 on my 800x600 notebook, and hate the thought of having a Civ 3 CD that I can't play when I'm traveling.

Comment

You might want to check out Dell. They have great deals right now on their latest notebooks.

www.dell.com
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Yea, I just bought a new dell notebook and it runs at 1024 x 728!!! So, I recommend that you buy a new notebook from dell!!!

Also, welcome back Roman!!!
        "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
        "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

I got my notebook over 3 years ago and it runs 1074-768 fine.

Its processor on the other hand is lacking

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I got my notebook from dell too and it runs at 1600x1200
            Dell makes great notebooks, and not too expensive either, though compaq is the least expensive of all.
            If I try doing that with my desktop, everything becomes microscopic though. I have that set at 1152x864.

Comment

Dave: Boss, the guys at Apolyton say I should get a new notebook.

Boss: Will it be compatible with your docking station? Will it have two serial ports? Will it run your work-related apps?

Dave: Who cares? As long as it runs Civ 3...

Comment

from DaveV
                Who cares? As long as it runs Civ 3...

signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

not me

i'll hopefully be getting a dell inspiron 8100, should be able to handle it fine.. Ultraxga+TFT screen.. native 1400x1500

Comment

blah @ dell and ever other large lobbying cooperation.

build your own. get debian in there. open source fo life foo!
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Roman nice to see you back

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome back from the community.

It rather an unpleasant that after three months without the internet, I come back to uni, log on to the through my notebook and one of the first things I find out is that I will not actually be able to play the game (new notebook, even of the cheaper variety is way too expensive). Worst of all my computer is sufficient to runn civ III in all other respects (I have AMD K6-2, 475MHz CPU, 64MB RAM, etc. but only 800 times 600 resolution - one of the few specs that cannot be upgraded. grrrr)
                        Rome rules

Comment

hey, why not jus buy a cheapass moniter?

Comment

Hey ancient, that is an ingenious idea!! Many thanks - you restored some hope in me.

BTW: How much do you think could a monitor capable of displaying the required resolution cost?
                            Rome rules

Comment

maybe if you could find a good deal $80 if not $150-200 (us)

Comment

Working...
                              X