Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whats the deal gonna be with barbarians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serapis,
    I think they are holding off some choice info (like all the blank spots in the tech tree screens)...

I mean they woudn't want to release all of the info on the game before release...tho we all wish it were otherwise.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk." -Tuco Benedicto Juan Ramirez
    "I hate my hat, I hate my clubs, I hate my life" -Marcia
    "I think it would be a good idea."
    - Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Comment

good question on what's the deal with the barbarians...

WE've seen screenshots of the roman cities, and the romans seem to have the "red" colour. So what colour are bararians now?
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

At least the semi-civ status of the New Barbarians will do away with the annoying build-a-new-city-and-be-greeted-with-random-barbarians thing in Civ2.

I'm hoping the barbarians will become less of a random factor, and more of an erratic, but fightable threat.

I never saw the joy in 'random' events. It's pretty much unchallenging and frustrating to be struck with bad luck out of the blue. Unpredictability is important in a game, but not if implemented by means of random disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
          good question on what's the deal with the barbarians...

WE've seen screenshots of the roman cities, and the romans seem to have the "red" colour. So what colour are bararians now?
          actually, the human player seems to be always red in the shots.

check www.civ3.com , the babylonians are also red.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Could it be that Civs that didnt make it to the "final 16" will turn up as bully-Barbarians? I mean:

Vikings for harassing the French
            Celts for tormenting the English
            Mongols for injecting annoyance to Chinese and Russians
            etc....

Like a specific or a few specific Barbarian-Civs to be a pain-in-the-a** for each ordinary Civ. Give me some thoughts!

Comment

no, they wouldn't do that, it's insulting to other nations.

im sure people of Celtic or Viking Descent dont want to be known just for being bullys.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

actually, the human player seems to be always red in the shots.

check www.civ3.com , the babylonians are also red.
                NOOO! After playing the CTP series where the human was always blue, this is the last thing I need. I want to be different colors every time, not the same.

Originally posted by Grim Legacy

At least the semi-civ status of the New Barbarians will do away with the annoying build-a-new-city-and-be-greeted-with-random-barbarians thing in Civ2.
                Yeah, I hated when that happened.

Comment

hey, in the resource tutorial, as your borders expand you see whats in them.

what difinitive proof?

you see more sea squares at the end of the tutorial.

and i dont see any fog.

Comment

(Yes I am ByzCat)

I never said it was "difinitive proof". I said it was what I though I saw. And I also said I might be wrong. I saw the tutorial in May, I believe.
                    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

im sure people of Celtic or Viking Descent dont want to be known just for being bullys.
                      The hypothetical Barbarian status of those civs might be an explicit insult, but the current ommission of them is no less than an implicit insult.

Comment

Well, I am of Viking descent and I much rather see them included as Barbarians than not included at all.

Comment

Some Celts weren't bullies, I distinctly remember having my hut burnt to the ground by vicious Viking raiders.
                          Hum Maybe that would be an idea, To have units be able to raid your colonies and get some of he resources.
                          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
                          X