Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ of the week. Which day does it change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapcase
    Or something. Maybe. What's wrong in my list?
    Historians are finding that one of the earlies civs was the Indus Valley civ that is within India. It makes the Indians a much earlier civ than what you have posted.

The Americans will definitely be the last ones as my civ has been around the least amount of time.

Japan's state began emerging in the Fourth Century as local leaders began to take over larger stretches of land ther. Further back if you include some of their prehistory. In the Fifth Century, the Germanic tribes were still moving into Gaul forming the population that would make up France.

Around 882 AD unified states began to make up Russia, meanwhile Aztecs were 14th to 16th centuries.

So if I made the list on when a civ was formed it would go something like this:

Babylonians
    Indians
    Egyptians
    Greeks
    Chinese
    Persians
    Romans
    Japanese
    English
    French
    Germans
    Russians
    Aztecs
    Iroquois
    Zulus
    Americans

My history may still be a little off.

Of course that is only be when the civs were formed. Now if you go by when they are going to get their Golden Age everything changes. Now the Russians, Germans, and Americans move to the end. And the rest of them move around.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Based on the formation of the modern country (like what you did with Germany), India should come last (became independent from Britain in 1947), but in any case I think the Egyptians are coming next and my guess is that the new civ will come tomorrow. Actually we know none of the stats for sure. I assume Cleopatra will be the leader (but the pic doesn't resemble her much) and the capital will be Thebes, but you never know; Firaxis might change it to Cairo or Alexandria or something. And we'll finally find out what that special unit of theirs is. I can't wait.
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
        Based on the formation of the modern country (like what you did with Germany), India should come last (became independent from Britain in 1947
        It would be ridiculous - after all the Indian empire existed both in ancient and medieval times. It would be like saying Hebrews are young civ, as Israel was established after WWII
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Friday might be a bit optimistic. As they don't seem to do much at that site at all it wouldn't suprise me if they woun't upgrade it at all for a while. One shouldn't take 'Civ of the week' to literary...

Comment

Yes, I really can't wait! I don't have enough patience to watch a civil for a week. Give us all pls!!!
            Originally posted by Tiberius
            It's only Tuesday *sigh*

Comment

Working...
            X