Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ of the week. Which day does it change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ of the week. Which day does it change?

I woundered if we knew which day of the week there is a new civilisation of the week? :-)
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

double post.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

site came up on a friday? did it not?

looks like the americans are next too
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The list is alphabetical, yet they started whit Babylon, I don't think the list has anything to do whit which civ is next.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

For some reason I think they might do the Egyptians next, just a wild guess.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I think they may be going in the order of golden ages. That would mean that the Zulus or Egyptians would probably be next. Any ways, I guess we will soon find out.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I think it might be random, possibly starting from the ancient age to the modern age.
              Alex

Comment

Hmmm. Friday...yes Friday is my vote.

This would make a good topic for a poll!

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk." -Tuco Benedicto Juan Ramirez
                "I hate my hat, I hate my clubs, I hate my life" -Marcia
                "I think it would be a good idea."
                - Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Comment

This would make a good topic for a poll!
                  Alex, don't get any dumb ideas about making a poll, either.

Yeah I would have to say Friday is going to be the day.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

About the next civ:

Yesterday I have entered the Civ3 site but through slow modem connection, not my usual LAN. When you enter there is a white on blue animation with Civ of the Week, which when goes to show grinning Hammurabi.

Well, not on a slow connection. Apparently the animation with Hammurabi did not dowload at first and I got the following white on blue:

Civ of the Week
                    *next screen*
                    Babylonians
                    *next screen*
                    Egyptians
                    *next screen*
                    Greeks

and then Hammurabi popped up.
                    It seems the Egyptians are next
                    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

looks like the americans are next too
                      I don't think so. Obviously Firaxis will show us the ancient civs first, and (I guess) show the americans in the last update.

Ancient civs and units first. So I say next to come are the egyptians or maybe greeks or aztecs.

It's only Tuesday *sigh*
                      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                      --George Bernard Shaw
                      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                      --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius

I don't think so. Obviously Firaxis will show us the ancient civs first, and (I guess) show the americans in the last update.

Ancient civs and units first. So I say next to come are the egyptians or maybe greeks or aztecs.

It's only Tuesday *sigh*
                        Shouldn't Germany be last? It was formed after the US, wasn't it?

Comment

So the order, if it is indeed based on Date of Formation, would be

Babylonians
                          Egyptians
                          Greeks
                          Chinese
                          Persians
                          Romans
                          French
                          Japanese
                          English
                          Aztecs
                          Russians
                          Indians
                          Iroquois
                          Americans
                          Zulus
                          Germans

Or something. Maybe. What's wrong in my list? What Indian Empires can be considered "Indian"? I've gone with the Moghul Empire, but what would it really be?
                          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Well, the Indians were even before the Greeks. The Indians, Chinese, Egyptians, and Babylonians should be the first four civs. The Japanese were also a very early civ so they should be ahead of the French at least.

Comment

I didn't say "ancient countries first", I said "ancient civs first, which is certainly not the same thing. So yes, Germany as it looks like today was formed after the US, but the german civilization is older than the american (not the german state). The same thing is true also for Zulu, I think.

IMO another reason is marketing related: Firaxis will show the americans (and the cool modern units) only a few weeks before release, to drag more attention to the game.

Anyway, I bet the americans will be last. It's like a ceremony: the King (or bride) enters last
                              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X