Civ3.com Wallpapers. What are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT MUST BE LAL!

Just take a really good look at it and think!

nah, ya think?
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

It strikes me as a painting of an astronaut in a shuttle as it's launching.

The pads are just there to monitor vital signs, and note how the picture appears to be shaking or "shivering" as though the point of view is moving about.

That's my take on it, anyway. Were it not for the technological aspects, I would have guessed at the Shroud of Turin.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

seems like jeff briggs in a matrix-like "cage"
        Suprised none of us have explored this possibilty further - given the title, it seems more than likely it has something to do with Briggs, however important.

Comment

Could the first one be a "shroud of turin"esque picture of Jesus?
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Jesus was an alien! Let us all rejoice in the intergalactic siblinghood! They mean us no harm! Jeff Briggs is the second coming of Jesus Christ, Civ3 is the final sign of the Apocalypse! Ahlejuhjah! Sid Meier is God!

...er, where was I?

Okay, so if there aren't wonder movies, these shots must come from either the opening or closing cinematics, right? So where does the one that looks like the Apollo Project come from?
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

man i'm ashamed of all of you guys...

the second picture is obviously a bowling pin manufacturing facility

Comment

Well I must admit that I noticed the more than passing resemblance to Brother Lal

Perhaps this will be the twist. The AC video will show the reactor and then go through the stasis chamber, and there they will all be, Sister Miriam, Provost Zakharov (yay!), and perhaps even Captain Garland
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I actually used CTP intro movie images as windows wallpapaers for a long time... started with the spaceship, then used the boat, then the roman soldier at the beach... got bored of it though, use a Gimli pictuer from the LOTR movie nowadays

Comment

having Lal & Co. in Civ3 end would be very interesting. It would give that feel of continuation, from Civ1/2/3 to SMAC. Maybe they have SMAC 2 under construction :drool:
                    I brought the shot up in the AC forum, and many concurred with me...

Firaxis, please make me a happy Apolytoner, and a truckload of unhappy Apolytoners

Is that man Pravin Lal?

In his cryopod perhaps, during the acceleration phase of Unity?
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                    X