Civ3.com Wallpapers. What are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3.com Wallpapers. What are they?

While most of the six wallpapers are easy to figure out, what are the first and sixth desktop pics?

1st Civ3.com Wallpaper

6th Civ3.com Wallpaper

The first wallpaper is listed as briggs_1024.jpg. So what the heck is the pic of? Sid checking out Jeff Briggs during an acid trip?

The sixth wallpaper is called launch6_1024.jpg, could this have something to do with the space vistory? It's seems too high-tech to be part of an Apollo animation. Also the rocket launch pad is listed as launch1_1024.jpg, so these two are probably related as all the other pictures have different names.

Re: Civ3.com Wallpapers. What are they?

Originally posted by SerapisIV
    The first wallpaper is listed as briggs_1024.jpg. So what the heck is the pic of? Sid checking out Jeff Briggs during an acid trip?
    seems like jeff briggs in a matrix-like "cage"
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Civ3.com Wallpapers. What are they?

Originally posted by MarkG
      seems like jeff briggs in a matrix-like "cage"
      Hey I thought they took the sci-fi out of Civ3

Comment

Actually I think that Launch_6 is from the video you see when you launch for Alpha Centauri. They could be a megatechnological part of the engines, or the "cells" at the "branches" could be cryogenic chambers.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Image 1 is quite clearly Mother Teresa in her beard-and-putting-ECG-pads-on-her-head phase, or alternatively a man in stasis for the journey to Alpha Centauri.

Image 6 is quite obvious. It is a picture of a milk-bottling plant where a thermonuclear device has been detonated at the other end of it Alternatively it could be showing the core of the engine on the Alpha Centauri spaceship.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i think 1 is jeff briggs in one of those things in 6
            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

For the briggs one maybe it's a brig, as in a jailers cell. Though even with the bolted steel casket he's lying in, those suction cups still give it that medical setting feel. Maybe Cure for Cancer?
              As for the last one, I thihnk Provost has it right with the engine. Maybe the fusion engine? It says launch also in the title, so it must be a colony ship movie screenshot vamped up to be high-tech and futurish for its win-the-game role.

Comment

But I thought Civ3 wasn't gonna have Wonder Movies?
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

AFAIK building the colony ship to Centauri wasn't (and therefore isn't) a wonder.

EDIT: About the first screenshot... (only for SMAC players, sorry)
                  Bring up that, and the portrait of a certain Peacekeeper, and look for yourselves.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Bring up that, and the portrait of a certain Peacekeeper, and look for yourselves.
                    oh yeah!

how 'bout that? maybe the U.N. has something to do with the Alpha Centauri
                    endgame
                    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

oh god sid. please no Lal. please no Lal.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                        But I thought Civ3 wasn't gonna have Wonder Movies?
                        Yeah, that's been said and reiterated by Firaxis, so maybe their cutscenes from the end-game victories? That thought would lend credit to the high-tech and spaceship ideas. About Briggs, the hell if I know what it is from

Comment

IT MUST BE LAL!

Just take a really good look at it and think!

Comment

IIRC all wallpapers are "launch" something. Maybe all the pics showed when the site was launched are "launch".
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Only two of the wallpapers are launch, the missile and the funky 6th shot. The one that looks like Lal is labeled differently, it's labeled Briggs, so it's probably from a different movie

Comment

Working...
                              X