I am very concerned about the advisor and wonder movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very concerned about the advisor and wonder movies

I thought they were wonderfully, stunningly well done in Civ2. Real, honest to gosh footage in each one! (Ok the trade advisor was a tad effeminate and the Manhatten movie was stupid). But overall, they were GREAT!!!

Now we see that we will have computer-generated crap instead of REAL FOOTAGE. I don't want some computer image that looks like the boobbing and weaving heralds!!! I want that hot tamale foreign advisor and good ole fatty platehead...and those stunning movies like Darwin and SOL.

SOUND THE ALARM!!! IT'S A STEP BACK AND PROBABLY PROMPTED BY COST CUTTING. At least leave in the option to use the Civ2 stuff!!!

I want wonder movies like in SMAC! They were zillion times better than the Civ2 ones.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Re: I am very concerned about the advisor and wonder movies

Originally posted by GP
      (Ok the trade advisor was a tad effeminate and the Manhatten movie was stupid)
      The Manhattan project had a decent movie. My favourite, though, was Adam Smith's (what a joke, eh?). Oh yeah. You lay off that trade advisor; he was hot!
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

there are wonder movies in SMAC?

besides...

Eli, you have SMAC??

besides...

Eli, you told me you're going to bed!

Comment

OMG! The movies are gone! This game is SO crappy!

It's getting late... then I become cynical....
          Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Comment

I didn't like the movies in Civ II. I don't think they should include movies at all.
            "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

They seem to believe all civers love 3D graphics, "cool" animations and funny little characters. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a childrens game we have all looked forward too. Darnit, it's the live footage that brings the civ-ish mood! A game with no cinematics?

Comment

cinematics are boring. You watch them a couple of times, it's over.

animations don't just come out of the blue like cinematics do. They fit perfectly in the game: i.e. watch Alexander get angry in front of you and direct your diplomacy based on that!

(advisors are another matter but I think you can config those?)

Comment

pattycakes,

Let's get on the wrestling mat. I wanna grapevine you. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Would you rather watch a cartoon or a real movie. Are you over 18?!?!?!

Comment

Funky dude! you are on the money. I am literally ready to RIP some Firaxis tits. And I know where they work.

Comment

I agree that the wonder movies get boring after the first couple times... you can still play the game with animations.

Comment

Re: Re: I am very concerned about the advisor and wonder movies

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

The Manhattan project had a decent movie. My favourite, though, was Adam Smith's (what a joke, eh?). Oh yeah. You lay off that trade advisor; he was hot!
                        You hussy, you!!

Comment

Originally posted by shum00
                          I agree that the wonder movies get boring after the first couple times... you can still play the game with animations.
                          I want your prissy 5-year-old ass on the wrestling mat. Let's go *******. Maybe we should box instead....

Comment

I like the new city view so much, its a great substitute for wonder movies. Firaxis said that the city view changes when you progress through the ages & if your on a certain tile. Have you seen the new screens of the desert tile? Looks way sweeter than any wonder movie i've seen.
                            Alex

Comment

What the SAM HELL!!! does the city view have to do with movies?

And have you seen actual footage? Or computer-generated crap. Don't make me come beat your soft, young nerdy ass!!!

I am ready for combat here!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X