Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or do the leaders change appearance/background with age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, or do the leaders change appearance/background with age?

I noticed that there are different pictures of the leaders from different ages. I noticed the modern animation of Mao, but I have also seen pictures of him dressed in some kind of medieval regalia, and Joan of Arc dressed in chainmail and in a industrial age like military uniform. Anyone else noticed?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Did you also notice that the ground in the city view changes when the city is built on desert, grassland etc?
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

EDIT
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I can't wait to see what Hammurabi looks like in modern age.

Comment

I noticed that there are different pictures of the leaders from different ages. I noticed the modern animation of Mao, but I have also seen pictures of him dressed in some kind of medieval regalia, and Joan of Arc dressed in chainmail and in a industrial age like military uniform. Anyone else noticed?

Yup, Definetly.
          Last edited by Henrik; August 10, 2001, 14:29.
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

It is such a nostalgia trip seeing the face of Hammurabi again. He is one of my best remembered fellows (he was always pleasant you see) from Civ1. The model is accurate to the Civ1 version so I am pleased

Yeah, the ground certainly changes.

I am looking forward to this a lot
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

See my earlier thread on the subject.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Holy cow. That's freaking cool! I'm amazed and super-happy, that will add a lot to the flavor of the game. It's the sort of thing I'd have suggested if I thought it wouldn't have taken so much extra work. Can't wait to see modern Aztecs...

How about the advisors? Is there a set for each civilization, or was that only my imagination?

Joe

Comment

Yup, Queen Liz looks freaky in ancient clothes too....

It's a cool feature (anyone remember the leader backgrounds changing in Civ1?)

Comment

My favorite thing about diplomacy in civ I was not only did the backgrounds change by age but whoever was behind the leader would have their faces change as well depending how the meeting was going. Was a lot of fun seeing that warmongering Mongol like leader with a huge smile on his face.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

That's another feature that'll be in. There were lovely animations of Lincold going from giggling fool to snarling animal a few months ago...
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Damn, with all those backgrounds/governments/clothes/moods, that's a lot of animation. Now I know why they only have 16 civs in the game. With 32, we'd be waiting until Fall 2002 for the release

Comment

The odd looking "Brother Bluto of the Deltans" a few posts up is, I believe, Caesar in the Renaissance, done up like one of those frou-frou Florentine deMedicis.
                          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

NUUUUUUUURGH!!!

RUN AWAY!!!!!!

My God she's pale.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X