Pillage! Pillage! Pillage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little off topic...

Perfectionists, in SMAC did you equip your formers with drop pods? I would always have a crack team of drop formers ready to eradicate any and all fungus in my territory.

Comment

Originally posted by ByzCat

Perfectionists, in SMAC did you equip your formers with drop pods? I would always have a crack team of drop formers ready to eradicate any and all fungus in my territory.

Oh... SMAC... Endless terraforming possibilities.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by ByzCat

I made a faction that got loads of nutrients out of the fungus, creating massive growth

Skanky, I know

Comment

Ah yes... using super gravship formers to sink an enemy faction... planting fungus all around their territory (especially if they're someone like Morgan)... wiping out their forests (if they build them, that is)...
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
            I made a faction that got loads of nutrients out of the fungus, creating massive growth

Skanky, I know

*reinstalls SMAC again*
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

"I must agree with Colon.
              EVERY city will have all the tiles in it's range changed to farmland and railroad on grassland(except the seas ). And there will be not a single tile in our empire that will not follow these rules, even if it means millions of casualties for the other civs. "

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I agree with you gentlemen!
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

double post
                "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

tsk, tsk, tsk, you silly perfectionists

my citys are always overlapping, infact i cant remember a game i played were i had more than 1 city that had all 21 squares, i usually road/rail irigate/farm all squares, then my citys, witch are all 1 space appart, can get to size 3 or 4 with my capital at the heart of my empire pumping science out, i build a massive fannatical force and go kamakaze on my enemys, throwing 15 fannatics at any tank that comes to close to my territory. hell, ill attack the enemy if they so much as walk out of there own citys in the general derection of my territory, capturing there children, training them to run into tanks, using little backpacks filled with dynamite to dive into the tank suicidaly and detonate the explosives on there back. this may slow down any offensive and if it dossent i just whip my cruise missles at them, but in my oppinion fannatical 6-12 year olds witch have been tought to "fight for the motherland" are cheaper than cruise missles

ahhh fundementalism, the ultimate goverment
                  "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

I am a perfectionist, though I must bend the rules of necessity sometimes.

It is such a shame that the 21-square city grid doesn't tile the plane mahematically, so overlap or unused tiles are a necessity. But if you take away one of the corner tiles, you get a 20-square grid that DOES tile the plane. It looks like this:

then you can get cities that have no unused tiles between them, and only overlap at one square (the "" in the illustration). If the overlap square is a resource tile, then you can share the resource between the two cities according to need.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only perfectionist ...
                    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Actually, the overlap is two squares, but on average each city will be using 20 tiles out of a possible 21 with no unused tiles.
                      None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

That's a very creative use of smilies there, star mouse
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          That's a very creative use of smilies there, star mouse
                          hehe, I know But I wish they could have "smilies" with terrain features so you can draw maps.

Comment

Yes, 'terrain' smilies would be useful

I normally have ALL my cities with no overlapping squares, and the 4 unused squares planted with forests...

Well, my people need to get their oxygen from somewhere, dont they??
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I played in this way earlier, bot no longer. I stopped playing like this when I realized that it as better to have some really good cities with many resources then some (more) average cities in a perfect pattern.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Back in Civ 1, I built improvements on the seas. Didn't do my cities any good but they sure looked cool!!!

I too am a perfectionist!
                                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                                Drake Tungsten
                                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                                Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                                X