Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is "organic terrain"?

Yeah, whats that?
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Where exactly is this reference?

Comment

Organic Terrain : I saw that too. I assume it means that the terrain is generated in a more natural way. For example, perhaps rivers cannot travel in a circle, desert is never next to tundra or arctic, etc. In a more subtle way, perhaps river direction is accounted for (behind the scene) ( a river may not travel from a non mountain into a mountain, for example?), maybe they more often begin in mountains, etc.

Comment

Let's hope they haven't included mindworms.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good shot!
          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Maybe organic terrain has to do with flesh tones, such as the ones Al Gore wore during the campaign?
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I think Slax is right. Check out the pictures of roads on the maps in the Civ3 gallery. They don't seem to follow an obviously predictable pattern when adjoing tiles are improved with roads (unlike CivII or SMAC where a multitude of road improved tiles ended up looking like a muddy Union Jack).
              What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Echinda
                I think Slax is right. Check out the pictures of roads on the maps in the Civ3 gallery. They don't seem to follow an obviously predictable pattern when adjoing tiles are improved with roads (unlike CivII or SMAC where a multitude of road improved tiles ended up looking like a muddy Union Jack).

And this may cause some confusion. Like not being sure whether this tile has a road or not.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I had the same thought, though maybe once you get a unit icon on a tile it is a little more obvious where the roads go.
                  What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Working...
                  X