Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I wanna hear the Babylonian and Iroquois national anthems

I opt for a lot of custumization possibilites (read: mp3) so that I can dump in all the classical, martial music I want. My favorite song in Civ2 was the steady drum beat after war was declared. I actually would load up a save game to trigger it and load a regular game so that it would it would keep playing

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_funk
      1) The specific civ's national anthem (imagine "The Star-spangled Banner" in synthesized version)
      2) The "Civilization Theme" which yet has to be written. This song should be played just when the time era changes, as an introduction to the new environment.
      I like those ideas, but there are some anthems that I dislike, such as the "Marseillaise", "Star Spangled Banner", and "God Save the Queen". It could cause me to neglect some nations as a playing choice if I can't change the music

I would replace the English anthem for Rule Britannia, a much better tune IMHO.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

there are some anthems that I dislike, such as the "Marseillaise", "Star Spangled Banner", and "God Save the Queen". It could cause me to neglect some nations as a playing choice if I can't change the music
        then you take whatever MP3 you think better represent the civ, rename it to "French Anthem" and drag it to the directory and overwrite the old one. Instead of "Marseillaise" you could choose Daft Punk's "Around the world" for the modern times.

Comment

Saying this, I really hope Civ3 ships with an internal "CivAmp", so you dont have to run yo default MP3 player constant in the background. It could have an era-flexible interface, like a jukebox in the modern age, old-school grammophone in the industrial, etc.

Comment

I'd like to have action triggers to the music rather then themes. Stuff like when at war, this group of songs play. When losing a war, these songs play. When expanding these songs play. When building infrastructure and railroads, these songs play, etc.

Comment

Definitely the original civ themes. Those Zulu and Mongol pieces could teach modern dance music a thing or two
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

hehe, I really hate the Zulu-style bongo drums.

Comment

Aaaaargh! I was looking over the new Civ3.com site, and went to the "Legacy" page.... and suddenly the music from Civilization 1 started playing, instantly transporting me back in time.....

I want that sound file! On the web page, its called
                  "civ1_music.swf", and I don't know how to pull it from the page. Can anyone help me get this file in a .wav format?
                  Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Though probably too late for the first release, a later edition could use mp3Pro technology which enables double the compression of normal mp3's without a noticable loss in sound quality. That's twice as many tunes!

Comment

uncle_funk: Dan Magaha said it's possible to run WinAmp in always on top mode alongside Civ3. Let's hope he's right.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

On the subject of original civ music, could someone direct me to a suitable site to download them. I threw away my old Amiga a few years ago and want a bit of nostalgia - especially the music that goes with the story intro.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

On that same legacy page, you can go to Civ III and hear the new theme or at least what I assume is the new theme. It sounds good and is promising to say the least.

The only question I have is whether Jeff Briggs came back and did the music again for this one?
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I'd like the game to come with two disks you can run it from, so there's more space for music, and you can loan one to a friend to play against on another computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                              I'd like the game to come with two disks you can run it from, so there's more space for music, and you can loan one to a friend to play against on another computer.
                              Sounds great, not only is a gaming company going to stop caring about pirating, they are going to go out of the way to help spread it by providing two disks.
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

it's all about the game, and how you play it...
                                it's all about control, and if u can take it...
                                it's all about your debt and if u can pay it...
                                it's all about pain and who's gonna make it...

-motorhead: play the game
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X