Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

I hope Firaxis don't let us down with the music, i'd like to see something revolutionary like the music from Ao2.

If they release a music editor i bet there will be one hell of a lot of downloadable tracks off the net.
    Alex

I would like to see all of the music from Civ return, done up a bit better to take account of the capabilities of modern computers. It will be a bit of a nostalgia trip for me, you see
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I would really like to see a distinctive song for each civ on a separate CD (maybe in the Limited Edition). That would make it 16 songs along with one "Civilization" song that is the game anthem.

I also really would like to hear national anthems when you encounter another leader in the diplomatic screen.

Comment

In most non-RPGs I just turn off the game's music and pop in a CD after awhile. (RPGs usually change their music as the story progresses so it doesn't get stale).
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I would love to have the old civ2 music come back. I don't have my original civ2 cd anymore, just MGE. The music in MPE gets reeeeeeaaaaaally old after about 5 minutes. I want my (orignial) civ2 music back!

Comment

OT
            wait. this isn't a POLL???????

OT

Comment

Wrong Alex LaRusso, This is Alex 14, not Alexander01

Comment

He's got the right one, they both do polls like crazy.

Again: I WANT MY CIV2 MUSIC BACK!

Comment

Civ2 music! At least make it an option! The MGE music never got inside my head when I stopped playing like the Civ2 did ()

Comment

Originally posted by Earwicker
                    Civ2 music! At least make it an option! The MGE music never got inside my head when I stopped playing like the Civ2 did ()
                    Finally, someone who knows what he's talking about

Comment

Yeah, but the Civ2 music getting in my head was a bad thing cause it was annoying. I really hope they have a more dynamic music system, hopefully in mp3 format so I can swap in my own tunes too. A lot of the audio files in SMAC were mp3 format, so there's hope for this option.

Comment

Re: I'm an ignorant pom

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        I would like to see all of the music from Civ return, done up a bit better to take account of the capabilities of modern computers. It will be a bit of a nostalgia trip for me, you see
                        same here, the music from original CIV is cool, more of it. and using a few of the themes from the CIV2 addons would also be OK

(no, not the jules verne one )

Comment

I'd like all the music that will fit on one CD from the original Civ2 and MGE. I don't remember what music was on ToT, maybe some of that would be good too. I'd like the music from SMAC in there, and some new stuff that better be as good as the old stuff.

Comment

The original Civ music was class.

I would choose a civ based on their music, often the Russians for the Volga boatman song. The Roman music was probably the best though. I also thought the Mongol music was quite humourous
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The Civ 3 music, should, as everything else (graphics, advisors etc.), be upgraded as the game make progress into modern times. Give me Autechre in 2010! The songs should come in MP3's and be put in a directory on the hard drive for best customization. A nice idea would be to have four directories, one for each time era. Then Firaxis could easily make more tunes to be available for download from their homepage.

Two tunes should exist in four different versions:
                              1) The specific civ's national anthem (imagine "The Star-spangled Banner" in synthesized version)
                              2) The "Civilization Theme" which yet has to be written. This song should be played just when the time era changes, as an introduction to the new environment.
                              Last edited by Juggernaut; August 9, 2001, 16:45.

Comment

Working...
                              X