This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No to polls?

There has been some controversy as of late regarding the polls. Now is your chance to express how you feel about the polls, and what better way than with a poll?
    I love the polls!
    25.00%
    I find the polls pleasant.
    31.25%
    I am disinterested in the polls.
    12.50%
    I am mildly annoyed by the polls.
    6.25%
    I hate the polls and whoever posts them!
    12.50%
    Other.
    12.50%
    I really don't care.
    0.00%
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

This is spam

Good thread.

Comment

Guess what I voted for

you have no proof I voted for 'other'

Comment

While I do appreciate your efforts to infuse the forum with life, aren't there more productive things to do? I know that you think that the discussions about Victoria/Catherine/Maria Theresa and the Tech Tree are stupid, but those of us who participate on those threads are contributing to knowledge about the game. I don't intend to sound disrespectful, but how would you even know to do a poll about the Russian or Babylonian leader unless others had figured out which civs were included? Some of your threads are repetitive and pure fluff, but I will admit in some cases they are fun. So I guess I think that these polls are good for the people who enjoy them, but I think that there are more interesting things to discuss.

And finally, it's kind of obnoxious to have a poll discussing whether polls are an addition or not. (Sorry, just had to say that)

Comment

Who says I think the other threads are stupid? I've been spearheading the Catherine/Maria Theresa/Victoria thread. I was even the one who suggested the mystery portrait WAS Victoria. And while I haven't really been posting on the tech tree, I do find the messages interesting and check the threads when there are updates! I am disinterested in the pointless bickering that seems to occur over trivial information that doesn't even really apply!
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

that's my point.... this thread is complete bullsh!t

Comment

Shouldn't the question be polls, poles or Poles?

This has a distinct chance of getting silly.
              "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

A thread like this prolly should go in the Community forum. IIRC they already have something like this there

Anyway Ming or someone like him (nevermind ) dislikes polls because there are just too many of them. I'm inclined to agree. Luckily, a thread isn't bumped in these forums whenever there's a vote. Now that's annoying.

They belong, but only in moderation.

Comment

Well, if this thread was actually asking the question of whether people want to see more leader polls, which I think was the intention, I think it belongs here in the Civ3 forum. Unfortunately I just think it wasn't worded too well.

I like the leader polls, wouldn't mind seeing a few more.

Comment

Poll's can be interesting,but sometimes to much is to much.
                    Like those about the kings.It might have been much better if it were possible to put all those poll's in one thread so you can go through them all at ones.
                    (but i know it's impossible)
                    Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                      I like the leader polls, wouldn't mind seeing a few more.
                      Here, here! I second Serapis' comment!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                        Like those about the kings.It might have been much better if it were possible to put all those poll's in one thread so you can go through them all at ones.
                        (but i know it's impossible)
                        Shade
                        Well you already know its impossible, so the current situation is the best option available. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

well I 've been looking for 'all' those poll's but there actually aren't that many.

Shade
                          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Yes to polls. Polls are nice.
                            CSPA

Comment

Note to mark- I am reporting this thread for spam

Alexander, don't feel bad, you meant well, but most people would think this thread had no point.

PS. Your polls are interesting.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X