Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catherine the Great? Who is the mystery woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say 70% Catherine II. The nose and chin seem right. The attatchement is a potrait of her entitled catherine II walking in Tsarskoe-Selo done by Vladimir Lukich Borovikovskii in 1794.
    Question: Is there any proof there will only be one leader per civ? Personally, I would like to see the choice of 2 as in civ2.
    Attached Files
    A on, miatezhnyi, prosit buri,
    Kak budto v buriakh est' pokoi!
    -M. Lermontov, "Parus", 1832

Comment

Most definately Queen Victoria.
      Hasdrubal's Home.
      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Maybe that picture is just a hoax to get our minds twisted?
        *shivers*
        Maybe the Firaxians are online, lauging on the floor with us and our paranoid speculations!
        And, it can't be Victoria, if Lizzie I is already there. It's most probably Catherine the Great, which is bad if there's only one animated leader / Civ.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

cmon people, it's madelein albright

Comment

J. Edgar Hoover?
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

That's got to be Victoria.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That's what I say, too! The picture is almost certainly of Queen Victoria. And while Firaxiks may have made a mistake, it takes so much time to animate that you'd think sometime while producing it they'd realize - "That's not right!" Plus, they must consult hundreds of portraits to make these animations. It'd be hard to get one wrong.
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I don't see how Firaxis could get a picture WRONG. It'd be such a huge, obvious error......

Firaxis will give us some information when the site goes up. Other than that, I prefer to find out the details for myself when I get the game.

Comment

I think that sounds reasonable, Sabre2th.

So we've narrowed down the hypothetical list to

1. Queen Victoria
                    2. Catherine the Great
                    3. Maria Theresa
                    4. Pretty much every other woman under the sun.

We'll just have to wait and see what good ol' Firaxis has for us.

In the meantime, if anyone DOES find out some more concrete evidence, please let us know.
                    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                    X