No announcement yet.

Who is the Anonymous Animated Pharaoh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutanchmon was just a kid,His reign wasn't even long enough to build him a piramid.poor boy

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Wrong, Shade. Tutankhamen was a New Kingdom Pharaoh. He lived in the era when Pharaohs were being buried in the Valley of the Kings. Pyramids hadn't been built since the Old Kingdom, centuries, no, millenia earlier!
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

then who was the one they found in a little hidden room in the piramids? (damn my brains really start to give up at 2 in the morning,need sleep )
        [edit]
        had some sleep,and went to look it up.
        his reign was (supposed) from 1345BC to 1335BC.(18 dynasty)
        and he got burried in the valley of kings.

Shade(good night)
        Last edited by shade; August 9, 2001, 05:50.
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

the chick between ghandi and elizabeth is Joan de Arc and i bet the guy between abe and ghandi is ceaser
          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

or maybe he's greek

i don't know who the pharoa is. but i think it's a woman

Comment

d_dudy -

The "guy between Abe and Gandhi" has been 100% confirmed (via screenshot) as Alexander the Great, leader of the Greeks.

As for our Anonymous Pharaoh, we can only plead that Firaxis reveal their secrets to us poor mortals.

I think the most likely options are the leaders from CivII, as Firaxis seems to be following original decisions for the most part.

That means that the Pharaoh is either a really butch woman or an effeminate guy. I don't think Cleopatra and Ramses would prefer such descriptions. Maybe it IS Akhenaton ! All the sculptures of him are shaped kind of strange...

I don't know.
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

i am so damn sorry. i thought he looked roman and then i remembered that maybe i'd seen his image on a greek diplomacy screen somewhere, he doesn't exactly remind me of the alexander the great from civ 1 OK???

i know i'm right about Joan de Arc, you didn't even comment on that

Comment

Don't be offended, I'm sorry if I seemed "direct."

The animated leaders we have seen:

Abraham Lincoln (American)
                  Mao Tse-Tung (Chinese)
                  Elizabeth I (English)
                  Joan of Arc (French)
                  Alexander (Greek)
                  Mohandas Gandhi (Indian)
                  Hiawatha (Iroquois)
                  Tokugawa Ieyasu (Japanese)
                  ?Pharaoh? (Egyptian)
                  Victoria/Catherine/Maria Theresa (Unknown ... is it even used?)

See the Civs included thread for more info.

Comment

Working...
                  X