• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, CivIII Civilizations list- New?

Ok, let's update this list-

We know for sure because of leader animations:

Americans (Abraham Lincoln)
    Chinese (Mao Tse-Tung)
    Egyptians (Cleopatra? Is it even a man or a woman?)
    English (Elizabeth I)
    French (Joan of Arc)
    Greeks (Alexander the Great)
    Indians (Mohandas Gandhi)
    Iroquois (Hiawatha)
    Japanese (Tokugawa Ieyasu)

In addition, we know from unique units:

Germans (Panzer)
    Russians (MiG)
    Romans (Legion)
    Zulus (Impi)

I keep hearing about an animated Julius Caeser for the Romans. Has anyone actually seen it, or is this just misidentification of our buddy Alexander the Great? If anyone has a link to Julius, please post it.

So that's 13 civilizations. That leaves 3 more slots to fill. The choices have been pretty well narrowed down, eliminating unreasonable suggestions (Confederates, please )

So the last 3 could be any of the following:

Aztecs
    Babylonians
    Persians
    Spanish

Mongols??? Is there any proof for this at all, or is it just the whole Japanese problem?

Also, a question. Will there be two animated leaders for each civilization, male and female? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Alexander I; August 3, 2001, 12:47.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

I'm still hoping...
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Hey, I'd like to see the Hebrews/Israelites/Israelis included as well ... I just don't think it will happen.
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Phoenicians, maybe? Mongols? Assyrians?
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I thought the whole 16 were done and dusted already. That list looks like old news.

On the leader front, from the complexity of the leader pics I doubt very much we will get more than one per empire, which is going to look odd when you call yourself Slartybartfast but are wearing Victoria's portrait
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

I don't think we have viable proof for the last 3 civs. If anyone has any cold hard evidence to support these civs, please let us know.

Aztecs? Babylonians? Persians? Spanish? Mongols?

Julius Caesar?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
              Hey, I'd like to see the Hebrews/Israelites/Israelis included as well ... I just don't think it will happen.
              mod pack time ...

perhaps a sceraio where the hebrews fight the israelites and thejews ans the israelis !!!
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I already started collecting info for such scenario.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Yes! We can make civilizations in CivIII, so here come the Hebrews.

Male leader - David or Solomon

Female leader - Athalia? Jezebel? Golda Meir?

Special Unit - Ark of the Covenant?

Comment

Male - David of course.

Female - Golda. But there was another woman who ruled the Hasmonaic kingdom, I just forgot her name.

Special unit - Evil Zionist Occupier

Comment

Is it Salome?

Comment

Eli,

I hope we can easily add custom civs to the mix.

If so, I too will add Israelis as well as my own kin, the Celts.

For the Israelis, David is the obvious Male Leader. Perhaps the Prophetess Debra or Golda Mier would be a good female leader.

For the special unit, perhaps Samson? LOL.
                        My most wanted Civ III civ which was missing from Civ II: the ARABS!

Comment

Another animated leader has been seen.

It's either Catherine the Great of the Russians or Maria Theresa of the Germans. There's a link in the other "Which Civ?" thread.

Comment

Re: OK, CivIII Civilizations list- New?

Originally posted by Alexander01
                            Ok, let's update this list-

We know for sure because of leader animations:

Americans (Abraham Lincoln)
                            Chinese (Mao Tse-Tung)
                            Egyptians (Cleopatra? Is it even a man or a woman?)
                            English (Elizabeth I)
                            French (Joan of Arc)
                            Greeks (Alexander the Great)
                            Indians (Mohandas Gandhi)
                            Iroquois (Hiawatha)
                            Japanese (Tokugawa Ieyasu)

In addition, we know from unique units:

Germans (Panzer)
                            Russians (MiG)
                            Romans (Legion)
                            Zulus (Impi)

I keep hearing about an animated Julius Caeser for the Romans. Has anyone actually seen it, or is this just misidentification of our buddy Alexander the Great? If anyone has a link to Julius, please post it.

So that's 13 civilizations. That leaves 3 more slots to fill. The choices have been pretty well narrowed down, eliminating unreasonable suggestions (Confederates, please )

So the last 3 could be any of the following:

Aztecs
                            Babylonians
                            Persians
                            Spanish

Mongols??? Is there any proof for this at all, or is it just the whole Japanese problem?

Also, a question. Will there be two animated leaders for each civilization, male and female? Does anyone know?
                            For Romans check the latest screen shots

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

There is already a lengthy thread about this:

Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X