Easily implemented last minute changes that would make civ3 better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, and NEWSPAPERS HEADLINES!

Bring back the headlines from the original Civ1, please. They gave the game a unique touch that was missing in Civ2. The fun part was that you could change the headlines in a text file.

"Sid Meier fiddles while Civ3 burns!"
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, civilian nuclear shelters.

>Saves your population in the event of a nuclear strike.
      >Terrain and Cities still wrecked.
      >Still have to put up with suggested radiation effects.
      >Doesn't work against terrorist 'suitcase' bombs.
      >Really expensive.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Another idea I've just had.

You should be able to play as the Barbarians. Instead of starting the game with settlers, the Barbarian player would start with a few military units and perhaps a ship at a later stage in the game than usual, when the conventional players have maybe four or five cities. Once you've captured a city, you settle down and it becomes the capital of your new empire. I would also like to see AI Barbarians doing this. Not only is this historically accurate, but it would be an exciting alternative to the normal start-up routine.
        Naturally it's a bit hit and miss, but I think it would make a fantastic and easy to implement side-option.

Comment

I think mechanical diggers could be used from the 1940's onwards as advanced setttler/engineer worker units. They'd just replace engineers maybe, giving more non combat game options.
          Civ 3 barbarians are already going to build camps i think.. where they can repair and make new units i guess, they wouldn't work as a normal civ probably, they need to be able to pop up randomly at least to make the game more interesting if your winning and give us something to fight if we only have 8 civs available.

Comment

Yes, statistics - and lots of them! Why not? They will be very easy to implement even at this stage of the game. I would like lots of information, pie-charts, exact numbers, calculations and such.

Here are just some examples:
            I wanna know how strong my military power is ten turns in the future provided that my production remains the same.
            I wanna know how many turns it will take until my population will become displeased with my pollution if I continue to pollute as much as I do now.
            I wanna see how my general reputation is among the leaders of the other nations.

That would be great to browse through while you are waiting for your turn.

Comment

Working...
            X