• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an annoucement.

I am Yin.

I am also Sid Meier.

Yep, I am.

As you have noticed I'm Israeli (NOT ) but waht I really am is Jewish.

Now take the word Yid. Isn't it very close to Yin?

Exactly. But why did I call myself Yin?

Because Yid Is too close to Sid, and I couldn't allow myself to be exposed.

"Sirotnikov" is a DL I often use when I browse through my non-asia routed computer.

"Sirotnikov" spelled backwards is vokintoris, and that's actually a Yiddish spelling for the Korean for "Yin26".

----

*End of Funny Post*

Geez, I mean, it sounded so real when you first read it, especially due to the dryness in Civ III news and such... however after an epiphany and a few clear moments , you realise this is a joke.

I bet Yin is laughing so friggin hard now.....

And to think even serious people like solver and dalgetti were fooled.

(Yes solver, I saw your post requesting an interview with Sid/Yin. )

-----

Btw, we should call Yin/Sid Syind from now on.

Comment

But some Yin's posts really make you think he's Sid.
      I think we'll change his username to Fake Sid Meier 26.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think Korn is actually Brian Reynolds

I think this is just all of us realizing that we have little or no more impact on the game anymore, and are just marking time until it comes out and we can actually talk about the game instead of rehashing theory #317 about screenshot 11.

we konw that's just about useless, but we're all so eager, we can't think of anything else to do.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Since this whole Yin=Sid thing Yin hasn't posted. Why is that? Yin will you just post once to make sure you didn't die or something? You know what, I think Yin may have come down with lackofinfosyndrome. It's a terrible disease that can cause severe bordness.

Anyway, do you actually think there'll be new info up there? ha!
          Someone sure is optimistic. I think it will have some new info. Either way I still am excited about the site being finished soon. I really like how Firaxis has been posting more frequently of late. I appreciate that Firaxis and it breeds much needed optimism around here. So keep it up.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Tech:

Thanks for caring whether or not I died! (What an odd thing to thank somebody for...). I spent the last two days answering the interview questions. Lord, I think I wrote too much, but since I wasn't posting, I figured I could really make people suffer later when the interview comes out!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Yesterday I finished the Faces of Apolyton #4 interview with Yin, so he is here.

Comment

Yin, these are great answers! Interview is big & fat, and there's even a photo - just what we need. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks, Solver! If nobody falls asleep reading it, I'll consider it a job well done. By the way, my offer for a NON blurry picture of me was pretty dumb. I think I have more to gain with that blurry picture, eh? LOL
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Let's also see what Markos does to that one . But that's the biggest one thus far, even bigger than WesW. You're a writing master .

Comment

Working...
                    X