How do you want to see messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADG
    the ctp2 msgs was the worst way to show msg I have ever seen, it was so **** annoying
    I couldn't agree more.

why wasnt there a civ2 choice?
    I think everyone hated the civ2 method too much
    Last edited by Sabre2th; July 29, 2001, 16:35.

Comment

It's close, but it seems like most people like the CTP1 way. Now would be a great time to hear from Firaxis about this. HINT HINT

Comment

The nifty thing about the CTP buttons was you could attend to them whenever you wanted to during the turn. Unlike Civ2 messages which demand a response at the beginning of the turn, you could move your units first and then go 'read the mail'. This was especially helpful when you saw a stop tresspassing icon and could move your unit a bit before agreeing to the treaty.

Comment

I absolutely detested the CtP2 method. I never ever want to have to ferret around in a subwindow again to find out that three nations declared war on me last turn

The perfect answer is for message settings to be configurable by message type. Each player can choose for themselves which messages come up in a banner, beep, chime, flash an icon or just go quietly into a hidden list and never bother to advertise their presence. No one need know or care which settings anyone else prefers. Another innovative idea brought to you by Paradox, the developers of Europa Universalis
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X