How do you want to see messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you want to see messages?

Would you prefer to see the style of messages as was in CTP (pop up buttons on the screen somewhere providing easy access to the messages) or the CTP2 style (a list of messages somewhere) I myself would prefer the CTP style. In my opinion the buttons on the side made it very easy to see what was going on and what needed to be done each turn. With just a glance at the button icon you could tell what was most important, whether anything had been built that turn, pollution warnings, etc...
    Like CTP (a button for each message, placed on screen)
    45.00%
    Like CTP2 (list of messages located in a window somewhere)
    30.00%
    Neither
    15.00%
    Don't Care
    10.00%
    DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
    EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
    AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

I like the CTP 2 style...I just think it's easier to manage

Comment

I like the CTP1 system. The messages are all there in plain sight, easy to identify and sort, but small enough to not hide anything.

Comment

I already did this, but maybe if other people support it too we could talk to Wes about having an option in the Medpack2 for displaying messages the old way. I'm not sure if it is possible to do or not. Unfortunatley it looks like Civ3 is going to do it in a similar fashion to the CTP2 since I have not seen any screen shots that show information buttons on the screen anywhere.
        DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
        EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
        AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

I remember supporting that idea a while back in the CTP2 forum, but it kind of died before anybody did anything about it. I don't have enough time to do mods like that, but I'd love to go back to the old way. I might even start playing CTP2 again.

Comment

I have to agree with death head, the messages in CTP2 were are easy to manage. Click to read, click to close, right click to delete, highlighted red for new ones, greyed out for already read. After going back to civ2 recently for a couple of games, all those pop-ups drove me nuts.
            "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

I hated the civ2 popups too, Pub, but what about the CTP1 method?

Comment

The main difficulty I had with the CTP messages was that I found myself clicking them by accident, they tended to leave the screen a little cluttered, but then I was working at lower resolution. Thanks for asking!
                "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

I guess I can see having problems on a low resolution, but I had a lot of trouble adjusting to CTP2 and back to civ2 after using the CTP1 system that I loved so much. (On high res)

Comment

I want to see the msg as in civ1
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think along the lines of CTP2 was better.

However, the thing I disliked was in multiplayer CTP2 was that it never told you satisfactorily when it was your turn, with a message, or noticeable beep. At least with civ2 it came up with a big bold box and a fanfair.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

the ctp2 msgs was the worst way to show msg I have ever seen, it was so **** annoying
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I want to see a horizontal scrolling text bar at the bottom of the screen giving you updates, but thats never gonna happen.
                          Alex

Comment

Like in CTP2. But without the annoying bugs.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

voted for ctp1 way

btw, smac had the same way as ctp2

why wasnt there a civ2 choice?
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X