Who has de civ board game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has de civ board game

I have a board game of civilization it's pretty cool it was for me the reason to buy civilization 1. Has anyone else played it.
    I love the Roman empire.

I've played one called Civilization before, but it was nothing like the computer game.

Comment

that's true it's very different but it was fun.
      I love the Roman empire.

Comment

Gotta love those hexagon boards...

Comment

Hmm... At least for Advanced Civilization there is a kind of a computer translation available, at http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php...d+Civilization

Never played it myself though.
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

shouldn't this thread be somewhere else?

Comment

You're right, it should.

*radios markos*

The transport vessel should arrive in a few minutes.

So, in the meantime, where in Illinois are you from, H Tower? Because rumor has it that Ming lurks in the Windy City...

Comment

i live about twenty miles west of chicago, in the small suburb of glen ellyn, nothing ever happens there which is why i'm here!

Comment

Originally posted by death_head
                  Gotta love those hexagon boards...
                  it wasn't in hexagons but irregularly shaped parcels. great game, advanced civilization for board was even better! nothing beats the trading session, it's a real nightmare the games last over 12 hrs though, so its advisable to make it in two sessions as the beer kegs really kick in after 6+hrs

Comment

The Civilisation boardgame and the Advanced Civilisation computer game are discussed in detail in the "Other Games" forum.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

sorry didn't know that
                      I love the Roman empire.

Comment

I've seen the board-game in Hamleys Toy Store/London, but alas I'd have no-one to play it with (the wife's not interested, the kids are too young and the dog didn't quite grasp the concept).

Anyway, it just wouldn't compare to Civ2 or 3 (which have more in common with board games than with Tomb Raider or Space Invaders). When you own a Ferrari, why buy a Ford Fiesta?
                        Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

Off topic again.

Comment

I must've played a different game then...the one I played had hexagons.

Comment

the big problem with board games is you need to find interested bodies to jopin you, but they ar egood for social life.. computer games on the other hand are easier to find opponent s for (AI) but are very unsocial usuualyy..
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X