No announcement yet.

Empires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feminism has nothing to do with the contribution of women, it is an advocacy for superiority and destructive in more ways than constructive. This is not a proper forum for this discussion other than that it is included in the game with such unreserved accolads.
    Why do you bring up a topic if you don't care to talk about it? I agree with Darkcloud that you should explain your thinking on why you feel the way you do about feminism. I still want tolerate this topic "Nothing kills a civilization faster than when the women try to take over.". I am in no means a feminist but I do believe in equal rights. With equal rights I believe that if all women become more competent than men then let them rule all.

But to be an interesting and enjoyable game, CIV must reflect some reality or it becomes arbitrary and meaningless.
    So are you saying that Civ isn't interesting and enjoyable? Plus isn't the game already meaningless, I mean it's only a game? The game should be based on fun first. I'll saw a quote on sombody's signature the other day about how a game needs to have fun as it's top priority ahead of realism, in terms of creation. It seems to me that you would like Civ to be more realistic even if it means for fun to take a back seat. If that ever occurs in the Civ series I would be truely amazed because the Civ series is based on fun while enacting a little bit of realsim by having a history replaying format.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Paulmagusnet - I must admit I took a double take at your original posting about '...when the women try and take over.' It is a very sweeping statement which I'm not sure you have explained. Later on you say
      Feminism has nothing to do with the contribution of women, it is an advocacy for superiority and destructive in more ways than constructive.
      So is your point that when one group of people try to be in charge over others then that is when an empire dies? Most of history has been based on patriarchal society which fits in with your description of Feminism but through a male point of view. If you had said that when group of people tries to repress and control another group of people that is when an empire crumbles then fine. But you attributed it to one part of society and not to another. This is sexism. Also I not sure how many empires have crumbled because of feminism. Romans? Most of the history I have read is that the empire becomes corrupt and stops listening to the people.

If you look at history since WWII you will see women have played a more equal part in society. This has both good and bad effects on society. For instance male suicide rate in the UK has been rising in the last 20 years and some commentators put this down to men having to find a new role for themselves and that this transition period is particularly painful for them. On the other hand women have increased the production of said societies and by challenging men for the position that they've held by tradition has made society more open. These are good things - it makes the world a more equal and inclusive place. The problem is when you group a people as a whole and stop seeing them as individuals that is when I think society breaks down. Also I find a good way to gauge what you are saying is to insert another group into the sentence. How about instead of women you say blacks? or Jews? Does it make your statement any more palatable or worse? Is being a sexist ok but a racist not?

You say biology has consequences. I was reading the obituary of a German woman called Beate Uhse. She basically introduced contraception to post-war Germany as under the Nazis it had been thought of a crime against the state. I think the biology road is a slippery one which if you accept the basic argument as true then you can end up in a pretty inhuman situation. Ask the Jews.

As to educating women to reduce the birthrate - in the developed nations the birthrate is going down. Educated women have choices of what to with their bodies and the power to enforce them. Also there is a big argument about the consumer society making couples earn two incomes to buy the things that they think they need. What is an alternative? Take their choices off them? How about the Taliban in Afghanistan? Should you drive women around a football stadium in a pick-up truck - take them onto the field and put a bullet in their head in front of 60000 people simply because they didn't cover their face properly? Are you saying that you agree with the Taliban where women are no longer given education after the age of 8? I find you statements deeply disturbing and I suggest that you have look at yourself in relation to women. What are you so scared about?

connerkimbo - I find it hard to understand that you defend women's rights at the same time have a go at 'retards'.

I liked alot of what you had to say until you turned into a ******. Sorry pal . .
      I'm not sure how this is better than the misogynist paulmagusnet.

Like you said paulmagusnet this might not be the place for this sort of discussion but I think views like yours should be challenged every time they come up.
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

cmon, give Paulmagusnet a break. he was not PC, so what. there is a pattern that he tried to rationalize, perhaps not completely successfully....
        rise of feminism DOES weaken a society if it was really patriarchal and/or embedded fimly in masculine values.
        as everything posted in the last couple of weeks, this is completely off topic. dan, put that website up!

Comment

SITS, I agree with everything you have to say.

cmon, give Paulmagusnet a break. he was not PC, so what. there is a pattern that he tried to rationalize, perhaps not completely successfully.... rise of feminism DOES weaken a society if it was really patriarchal and/or embedded fimly in masculine values.
          No, I won't give a break to him and I don't think anybody else will either. That is very disturbing for somebody to have the views of "Nothing kills a civilization faster than when the women try to take over". I'm not sure why you (Paul) said this but I don't think that you need to express these type of views in this forum nor in the off topic forum. If you (Paul) can't give some logical (humane) support on why you made that statement, I think you need to at least delete that statement.

as everything posted in the last couple of weeks, this is completely off topic. dan, put that website up!
          Well, I know you're lying for three reasons. 1)You have pulled this joke before. 2)If the site was up you wouldn't be posting here. 3)If for some reason you did decide to say that the site was up you wouldn't have said it so nonchalantly. Nice try, though.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

i did not say he DID put it up. i said 'dan, put it up!'
            sorry if i was misunderstood
            yes i did try to pull that one, it was a while ago. i assure you i did not try to pull it again on this occassion

Comment

i did not say he DID put it up. i said 'dan, put it up!'
              Sorry about that. I kind of skimmed through that part and I thought that was what it stated.

Comment

Working...
              X