Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see the Civ3 add in the latest PCGamer zine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could have happened here

OK,
    for once I'll try toi be an optimist about Civ3 (Sorry Yin )

What could have happened? - I'l present one possibility
    Infogrames desided to release the game in October and started marketing, made a webpage etc.

Well, due to some delay for papers we saw first the webpage and the fuss was there.
    Then when a member of FIRAXIS team saw it - they informed Infogrames to remove the october date. Well on the webpage this was easily done, but the paper ads had already gone to the print. So the date is just an accident that shouldn't have happened and we can blame bad communication for it to ever happen.

Well that's my theory - are there any big loopholes I missed?

You see - it wasn't that hard to be an optimist

Comment

I'm almost certain this October 2001 release date stuff is a big mistake, as Jeje so optimistically argues. One day I hope to look back and say, "My God, Jeje. You saw the future!"
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Jeff Briggs in one interview said they were aiming at a fall-release
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

"aiming"

"fall"

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
            Jeff Briggs in one interview said they were aiming at a fall-release
            So 20th December is still a valid release date...
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

(trying hard not to sound like yin)

the very fact that there has been no update since may nor any kind of official announcement from firaxis about new website (even on the old website) is really the best indicator of where they are heading.
              forget alphas betas gamas and deltas and remember how you behaved in school if you failed to do your homework. so there....

Comment

Working...
              X