Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see the Civ3 add in the latest PCGamer zine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would really like to play the game ASAP. i do not know if it is early, i am actually afraid that they might postpone it till 2002.

Comment

As long as it is a good game, I don't care if they release it in October 2001 or sometime in 2002.

Comment

Next Year???

I noted (in a separate thread) that the current MGON preview includes the hope that the game will be available early next year--this, after the "previewer" has spent time face-to-face with Sid at E3.

Don't know who to believe...

Comment

In last PC gamer, there is a section :You won't see this soon (or something similar) and there is CIV III with a most likely release date of march 2002 for UK shops, that might imply a month earlier in the US.

in the same magazine on the future release list Civ III is listed as Novemeber 2001, but this was obviously not updated.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Adverts and interviews are usually planned well in advance of the magazine publication to avoid a mad rush to get all the articles written during the few days they have to play and review the latest games. The most current info is usually squeezed into the small 'news' sections. The PC Gamer news section certainly thinks that Civ III is not now likely to make October, as do some post-E3 reports in other media, but it is true that many other (mostly older) articles still reflect the October target date. If Civ III has been pushed back, more magazines and sites should reflect that news in the coming month. I don't think either opinion is certain enough to bet on at the moment.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Photos

Ok, I took the pictures... boy those cameras eat up batteries!

Oh, whoever asked, I get my PCGamer in the mail. But I also checked a store version. Its the same....

Also, this is just me, personaly, I really like PCGamer, its one of my fav gaming zines, and although October 2001 seems a little early, i believe we'll get Civ3 either during October, or maybe a little after. Its just an add, but PCG did a preview of Civ3 a while back (maybe 3 issues back?) about Civ3. Well they had a little FYI section. I posted something about it... it was a list of current facts or something... anyway, they said the game was 50%+ done. And, again, its my opinion, but I trust PCG more than any other zine about dates, info, etc, and 50% done several months ago was pretty good. I don't know what really goes on in the Computer Gaming business, but to me, after the first 50% or so is finished, its just little things that need be done... so the end half or so is always quicker than the begining. well i'll finish my ranting... i'm sorry, please dont hate me.
              Attached Files
              "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

Nice graphic design...

Comment

What is the internet address at the bottom, www.civ3.com?

Well, this is good news, an official paid advertisement that states a release date. That's almost more reliable in my opinion then a press release because a press release is free, here Infogrames paid real money to state a release date. The graphic looks just like their webpage suspected box cover. Very good news indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                    What is the internet address at the bottom, www.civ3.com?
                    Yes, thats correct. Civ3.com. Also a Firaxis logo and Infogrames.
                    "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

To_Serve_Man,

Thanks for the pic. Would you mind attaching a pic of the full ad, I would like to see it.

I know that the mag is Sept 2001, but when was it printed? I mean it came out in July and it could be a couple weeks old. That would mean that Infogames that had October on their website before taking it down had already put the ad in and their information was changing. I guess we will soon find out.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Yeah, thanks To_Serve_Man.

Tniem, I hope you're wrong but you're probably right.
                        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

October: Civilization III
                          Publisher: Activision
                          Expected Date: 10/17/01
                          Magic 8 Ball Says: Fingers Crossed
                          I don't know about you, but I don't trust anything that says that Civ 3 is going to be published by Activision...

Besides, they are doing exactly the same thing we are: crossing fingers!

But think on this for a sec: Civ 1 came out first than MoO1; Civ 2 also came out first than MoO2! Shouldn't we expect something like the same time space between these two great games? Is October such an unlikely release date? After all, if Firaxis want's to release Civ 3 before MoO 3 is released, then they better hurry up, because time is not on their side!

BTW, good work To_Serve_Man!
                          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

heres the entire thing
                            Attached Files

Comment

Even nicer graphic design...

Comment

I don't know about any of you guys, but looking at that is just screaming 'official', to me

Comment

Working...
                                X