When do you excpect Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you excpect Civ 3?

When do you excpect the official release of Civ 3?
    Septmeber 2001
    3.28%
    October 2001
    6.56%
    November 2001
    18.03%
    December 2001
    34.43%
    January 2002
    1.64%
    Febuary 2002
    11.48%
    March 2002
    14.75%
    A later date
    6.56%
    An earlier date
    0.00%
    I have no idea
    3.28%

The poll is expired.

Alex

with all the ideas still coming up here , maybe firaxis ar ewaitig for us to stop posting beofre they release the game
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

just before christmas
      Blah

Comment

just before christmas

Yeah, I expect this to be the case too. And fair enough...as long as the game is well worked out. So I vote for NOV/DEC 2001.

Of course, it is *pure* speculation.
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

i'm putting my money one the big holiday rush.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

By November for Christmas, with bugs and unimplemented features.

Comment

March 2002, is a good guess from me. As with the tempo they took it will take them a year to finish the last 20% of the game. Hopefully we will have it in UK before next years E3.

These are my hopes at least.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I too voted for march 2002.
                I want a well made game with no bugs, if it takes that long I can wait. Though if it is fully finished, play tested and released before then, well I won't grumble
                "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

I voted for Dec 2001. Firaxis surely wouldn't miss out on the holiday rush...tho it'll be a while until the Mac port gets to Europe...
                  "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                  "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I voted Febuary 2002, if Firaxis wants to release the game with 12 scenarios, before next year, they better hurry up.
                    Last edited by Alex 14; July 15, 2001, 20:00.
                    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                      I voted Febuary 2001, if Firaxis wants to release the game with 12 scenarios, before next year, they better hurry up.
                      Gonna be hard to meet a deadline that has already passed.

Reminds me of overly optimistic predictions in the original release date debates that took place over a year ago.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

****, edit: Febuary 2002. Damn.
                        Alex

Comment

relese date

i say that the game will be out later than march 2002. their still using the people from civ2 in the city view for civ3. so what if its just art? they have so much art to do that the game can't possibly be released by christmas. i bet their just doing the programing now, and when they finish they'll say "we're done!" and then they'll realize that they forgot to do the art. not to mention that firaxis is working on sid golf at the same time... firaxis might even mix up the game files so that the wonder movies actually show tiger woods putting on the 8th green!

Comment

What does the Civ 2 trailer say?
                            The most anticipated game of the year!
                            or is it this year? (maybe not)

Does that hint at anything?
                            Perhaps.... Perhaps not....

Perhaps it means they are probably expecting it to be done this year?

Comment

Most anticipated

i don't know about you kevin but i don't have to anticipate civ2, i own it. as for civ3... now that's a game to anticipate. even if it is the most anticipated game of the year, that doesn't mean that firaxis is going to get the game out this year. its just like when infogram said there was an october release. and in case you haven'y noticed, they aren't claiming that anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X