No announcement yet.

Civ I's Useless Copy-Protections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If no one played WWII online for a month they would have to lower the price.

I believe that codewheels mixed with CD protection work best as codewheels are harder to photocopy, you have to be determined to copy them, and then you would have to crack the game.

Personally I would rather not see copy protection, but I do not want some jerk to crack Civ III and distribute it for free.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

A nice solution would be to have a multiplayer install similar to Starcraft, where you can spawn up to 8 copies of the game that can only play multiplayer. It would be much better for those LAN parties and stuff.
      ----
      "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

yea, i just remembered that...

but they wouldn't let you spawn broodwar
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

All is crackable in these days.
          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Civ2 didn't have any copy protection and I doubt they'll go overboard on civ 3's either. Considering TBS players want the manuals and poster things. Hey that's a good idea shove a load of cheap but sentimental crap in the box and hey presto people buy it instead of copying the cd.
            You could have a plastic trophy of Sid playing golf with yin as his caddy or...

I'll never forgive until I forget
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
              You could have a plastic trophy of Sid playing golf with yin as his caddy or...
              Your Honor, that was a punch under the belt!

May be you mean Yin can be for Sid as Will Smith for Matt Damon in The Legend of Bagger Vance: he can help him to find back his Civ 3 swing
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Yeah, I used to play on the ST so I didn't have those questions pop up (I had a hacked version ) but I did get it when I bought the PC version. But by that point, I had memorised them all and could just do it straight off the top of my head...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X